take my hand, take my whole life too

First night home, Sirius never left Ayla's side the whole night. He and Remus swapped each night. Fifth day back, Ayla snuck out onto her back porch and sat looking out into the small lake overlooking the house. The moon hit the water perfectly. She sat with her back against the wall, cigarette in hand. She heard the back door open and she was quick to hide the cigarette in her hand. She saw her dad at the door looking at her.

"You're quick but not quick enough." He said taking a seat next to her. He put his hand out motioning she give it to him. So she did. He took a puff from the cigarette and handed it back to her. Ayla frowned as she watched her father.

"You're giving it back to me?" She questioned as he blew out the smoke.

"I was doing the same shit at your age. I may be your father but I'm not a hypocrite." He said. She smiled before taking back and taking a puff.

"Huh, that was unexpected. I thought you'd yell at me." Ayla said looking back at the lake exhaling the smoke from her mouth.

"I'm not Remus." Sirius joked. Ayla giggled.

"I suppose not." They sat in silence as they took turns smoking the cigarette.

"Couldn't sleep?" Sirius questioned.

"When can I ever sleep?" Ayla replied.

"You know when you were younger, you always fell asleep to one song."

"Really? Which one?"

"Elvis Presley." Sirius said before waving his wand and a speaker appeared. He pressed a button and Elvis Presley's 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' started playing. He got up and extended his hand to Ayla.

"Absolutely not." She giggled.

"You forced me to dance with you at the Yule Ball, this is my payback." He said dragging her up as he started to dance with her to the song. She giggled as her father spun her around and swayed with her.

M: awwww cute

B: STOP IT OMG THAT'S ADORABLE

D: awwwww

J: Stop i'm gonna cry

Remus stood inside the house watching the two from the window. Smiling. Almost crying. Ayla's cousin, Tonks, hugged him as they watched the father and daughter.

"If only Brooke was here to see this." Remus said sniffling.

However, further out to the back of the house, a man stood. Watching the two laugh and dance. He stood and watched within the shadows with a smile. "He's not ruining this for my niece." He had a letter in his hand. Looking down at the letter as it read.

To Ayla

From Mattheo

He ripped the letter in half and threw it in the water of the lake. He looked back as Sirius and Ayla swayed to the music, his smile returning to his face.