But either way, you happened to be such an adorable little baby girl by the time you were born (as all babies are by default, of course).

      So fragile, so tender, so pure...

      ... so beautiful.

      You were just slightly bigger and heavier than the average size of a newborn, I believe, and you had pudgy little hands, that resembled a kitten's paws somewhat, that could not be kept to yourself for they appeared to have a mind of their own, I suppose. They were mostly seen trying to hold your parents' and grandmother's fingers or perhaps gripping on to the bars of your cradle at the hospital, too. You had the softest black curly locks an infant could ever have, they were of the same colour as pure black obsidian, and your darling little eyes were so full of life and observant of their surroundings.

      Oh, those beautiful silver eyes.

      The eyes that stole away my heart and soul many years later.

You entered into the light of the Living World through a vaginal birth instead of a C-section, and you were crying and screaming loud as ever during that very moment. But as commonly known, the crying was clearly taken as a healthy sign with regards to any newborn baby and your parents were obviously relieved that you turned out just fine considering all the measures your mother took to ensure you had a safe birth beforehand.

      Celeste used to be a rather heavy tea drinker and would have some of it at least four times per day before conceiving you but she decided to sacrifice that with the greatest difficulty due to the fear of it ultimately being a source for pregnancy complications (she never drank alcohol or smoked so she didn't have to worry about those, therefore only tea and coffee were the things she had to put down for the time-being). She also made sure to do all the necessary workouts, eat extremely healthy and just try not to take too much stress into mind despite still having a full-time job as a Human Resource Manager in a decent sized organization in Kolkata at the time (she actually gave up on the job soon afterwards, too, to take care of you after your birth, in fact). 

      Your mum, your dad and your dadi all used to spend time saying sweet stuff to you while you were still in the womb, along with reading all those lovely children's stories to you at that during those days. And Celeste also used to try taking day-offs whenever she could to go for her regular medical check-ups just to make sure you were okay at all times until those precious nine months, prior to the beginning of your story, were fulfilled entirely.

      Basically, she had at least fulfilled a lot of the basic requirements needed to be done by mothers when they are expecting a child very soon and thus you were born healthy as ever.

      They named you Adelaide Shivanya Tagore.

      Yes, my beloved Shivanya, that was your true name.

      What beautiful name for a beautiful soul!

      And that was the name you were baptised with soon by the time you were introduced to Catholicism as an infant.

You were the youngest child amongst all your cousins altogether in your mother's extended family so you turned out to be the cherished little darling of them all. They all brought you gifts, wanted to hold you and cradle you in each and every one of their arms as if you were some sort of baby angel sent from above. And in turn, your parents also took you to church often around by then, as per your grandma Khanak's wishes, to get rid of any buri nazar bestowed upon you by anyone with unknown malicious intent.