↳ Results

The results for the first round are out! I enjoyed reading and judging every one of your magical stories. Please don't be upset over not winning, because trust me, every book was amazing and you have no clue how hard it was to choose a single winner.

Now, let's get started:

Third Rank: Lunar Cost, by Persey Finnith

Here's my review:

Cover: 3/5

Blurb: 4/5

Title: 5/5

Grammar: 9.5/10

First Chapter or Prologue: 9.5/10

Plot/Storyline: 19/20

Writing Style: 13.5/15

Character Development: 8.5/10

Intriguing: 8/10

Originality: 10/10

Total: 90/100

Review: The cover isn't exactly my favourite. The blurb was pretty well-written, and drew me in. Also, I love the title. The prologue was written well and left me feeling curious as well. This story was unique, and a new concept to me, as a girl who has read millions of Harry Potter fanfictions, and I've never read a fanfiction with a similar plot.

Congratulations, Persey! You'll receive your prizes soon!

Second Rank: We Need Each Other, by Co-Written by Ishi and Lisa

Cover: 3.5/5

Blurb: 5/5

Title: 3.5/5

Grammar: 10/10

First Chapter or Prologue: 9.5/10

Plot/Storyline: 19/20

Writing Style: 14/15

Character Development: 9.5/10

Intriguing: 9.5/10

Originality: 8.5/10

Total: 92/100

Review: I'm not sure how I feel about the cover, but the photos are blended to form a full cover really well. The blurb is awesome — absolutely loved how it left me feeling curious, even with the good amount of detail and depth. I love the length of the chapters. I would say I really enjoyed reading it.

Congratulations, Ishi and Lisa! You'll receive your prizes soon!

First Rank: Blood Like Gasoline, by Jasmine

Cover: 4/5

Blurb: 5/5

Title: 5/5

Grammar: 9/10

First Chapter or Prologue: 10/10

Plot/Storyline: 17/20

Writing Style: 15/15

Character Development: 9/10

Intriguing: 9.5/10

Originality: 9/10

Total: 92.5/100

Review: I don't think I can emphasise just how much I love the blurb — it makes Ophelia look so slay, which she is. I remember you telling me that the title is inspired by a song from your favourite band (Against The Current, right?), and I absolutely love it. I also love the prologue: it's a nice introduction to Ophelia's background and life. 

Congratulations, Jazzy! You'll receive your prizes soon!

The rest of the participants will also receive their own marks and reviews privately. The runner up's (those who hold the fourth and fifth rank) will also be informed of their ranks in their PM's.

I congratulate all the winners. To those who didn't win, I assure you — your books are still awesome, and I really did love them. 

Thank you,

— Anna