5

HOGSMEADE was beautiful, Celeste thought

HOGSMEADE was beautiful, Celeste thought. She was so glad her uncle had signed her permission slip— not that he even thought of not letting her go, no. Regulus was not strict in any way. Overprotective, sometimes, maybe, but never strict. He was more of an understanding guardian.

"The Three Broomsticks first?" asked Draco expectantly, already heading the way towards the pub. He put his hands in the pockets of his black pants that he was wearing and strutted, Blaise right next to him. He turned around when he realized Celeste was no longer in front of them. "Les?"

Celeste's eyes were on a group inside the pub— seeing them through the window outside. "The whole family's there," she told them, clenching her jaw. "One big, Gryffindor family."

It was James Potter, a woman with fiery red hair right next to him, and Harry Potter on his other side. Across from them were Sirius and Remus Black and another guy Celeste didn't recognize— who honestly looked more like a mouse than a human.

"Don't mind them," said Daphne as she grabbed her hand and made her walk towards the boys. "You told me how excited you were to try butterbeer."

"I guess," shrugged Celeste, agreeing with the girl. She pushed open the door and walked in with her friends, taking the empty booth by the door. She sat down with Daphne, while the two boys were still standing.

"I'll get the drinks," said Draco, looking at Blaise. "Do you want to come help?"

"Sure," nodded Blaise, looking at the two girls. "Two butterbeers, right?"

The two girls nodded.

Blaise walked away with Draco, both of them going to get the drinks for them all.

Celeste, meanwhile, had her eyes on the group again. She couldn't help it. They looked so happy. All of them were laughing and talking and nothing seemed to be missing. Nothing. Not even a certain someone who was biologically related to one of them.

Daphne noticed and with a sigh, she said, "Stop looking at them, Les." She put a hand on the girl's hand and caught her attention, making the girl look back at her. "If you want to go to them, you could, you know?"

"I hate them all so much, Daph." Celeste truthfully said, taking a deep breath. She looked into her friend's blue eyes. "I don't think I could ever forgive them. Any of them, especially Sirius."

"It's not like they even deserve your forgiveness," replied Daphne, a look of pity in her eyes as she looked at the girl. She squeezed the girl's hand as reassurance. "Plus, you have us. And you have your own family. The Malfoys and your uncle. That's all you need, isn't it?"

Celeste smiled sadly. "It would've been nice if I had a parent, Daph." She said, her voice cracking. She cleared her throat and straightened up. "But no matter. At least I have uncle Reg and Draco and his family. They are all I need, after all."