\\Chapter 5: Set Sail//

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noises outside the door made (Y/N) grumble a few curses as she now knew her pleasant sleep was over. Opening her eyes, she felt the memories come crashing down on her. Yesterday was definitely...something. She took off the blankets off her as she got up. Her body felt frail. She looked down at her hand, it was well-bandaged, and it definitely improved and was way better than a few days ago, but it stung, alot.

She got dressed pretty quickly and went outside and into the hallway. People were running in and out of rooms, preparing stuff and loading them on the ship. The woman had yet to see it. It filled her with curiosity knowing just how many things were going in and out of the mansion. The ship must be huge.
She then looked down for a second. Sailing, huh? (Y/N) never thought she would set foot on a ship again. It's quite ironic.

She walked around the hallways for quite some time, she felt as though she was in a maze. After a few minutes, she managed to find the main entrance and catch a glimpse of Sarah ordering around and helping load everything on the ship outside. (Y/N) couldn't quite see the ship yet, since the mansion was on the higher side of Bilgewater and the ship was on the docks, so all she saw was the very top.
Sarah finally saw (Y/N) as she waved at her to come closer.

"(Y/N)! You're awake, about time."

(Y/N) went down the stairs and went up to her. Nervous was the right word to describe her at the moment.

"What time is it?"

Sarah chuckled slightly as she patted her on the back.

"Late enough. We have to go now."

She saw Sarah begin to walk out. (Y/N) quickly ran up to her and followed her outside. She had many questions, most of them connected to yesterday. What she and Illaoi had said really shook her. Harrowing? Gangplank? All of these things never once stopped scratching at the back of her head all night. What was she really getting herself into?

"Um, Sarah, I have a few questions."

She turned her head to her, never slowing down her pace.

"About?"

She thought about how to phrase everything, not quite sure where to start, as they went down on a wooden platform. The platforms were used to travel the different sides of the city, seeing as it was built on levels.

"Well, about yesterday. What you said about Gangplank, what was that?"

Sarah raised an eyebrow at her.

"I don't think I understand you, (Y/N)."

"I mean..."

She stopped for a second, contemplating her question.

"Is he really still alive?"

Sarah sighed slightly at her question. Not in an annoyed way, but more in a troubled one.

"Unfortunately."

As the platform reached the bottom they now gazed at the vessel in front of them. It was grand, definitely. And beautiful at that. (Y/N) had never imagined she would sail on something so gorgeous and...expensive.

"I thought I killed him long ago."

Sarah then looked at (Y/N), her attention shifting from the ship and onto her.

"I should have just put a damn bullet in his head than watch that scum drown."

She smiled to herself as she said that, but it wasn't a happy smile, it was more frustrated than anything.