chapter 1

Madeline Dawson
December 31st, 10:05pm
Highland Park
No Surprises - Radiohead

I stood on with my feet in the bleak water, the shore came in gradually hitting higher and higher up on my shins with every wave. the wind blew my hair in all directions as I stared out into the open sea thinking about how far it goes.

my life had been going so well recently. I hadnt been in a bad mental health space for so long and it was all thanks to one person, billie.

me and billie have been great since me and you last met, we saw each other the night of her album release and to say we were happier than ever  was an understatement.

"congratulations superstar, you really did it." I spoke up from the shadows of her dimly lit red bedroom, her head snapped to my direction and for a moment she Was almost unrecognisable.

her black hair and eyeliner made her look like a brand new person. I still was grossly in love with her maybe more than I was before but I just didnt see her as the old billie anymore and in a way that was the way I preferred it.

"you came." she managed to string a sentence together through her silent cries and shock, her eyes lingering on my face for a minuet in complete silence. she got up from her bed and began walking towards me with salty tears rolling down her cheeks.

her cold hands cupped my face with the metal rings that clung to her fingers for dear life grazed my warm rosey cheeks, I smiled as she scanned my face making sure every freckle was still in the same place and every eyebrow hair was in the right place.

"you really came" she repeated with a volume barely above a whisper, a small smile tugging at her pink plump lips. I scanned her face noticing the bare skin infront of me, no makeup covered her clear soft skin.

natural beauty at its finest...

"you look great Maddie" she pulled back holding both my hands to look at my outfit, I lifted one leg up behind me with a grin to show off my outfit. she twirled me around to see everything in all its glory, an occasional sniff coming from her.

when we were finally face to face I wrapped my arms around her neck with a soft smile as the familiar scent hit me like a ton of bricks. she still smelt like vanilla and fresh linen, a small smile appeared on her face as we grew closer.

"may I?" I whisper hopefully, I was scared she wasn't gonna want me to kiss her but when she nodded her head with a playful grin on her face every doubt disappeared from my head. I leaned in a connected our lips passionately.

I wasted no time in pulling her closer and deepening the kiss with a smile on my face, moral of the story is we kissed until our lips were swollen and we couldnt keep our eyes open.

billie has really been my rock through everything, especially when Charlie dropped me because Hugo didnt want her talking to me anymore. she was always calling me telling me that she wasnt happy with him anymore and that he was controlling her life.

of course I told her the logical thing to do was break up with him but she snapped and said I was being selfish because I wanted her back in California, which wasnt entirely true. of course I wanted her back but I also didnt want her to end up dead because of a guy that ruled her life.

she told Hugo and as expected her blew up on me telling me im a disgrace and that I won't hear from him or Charlie again, he texted billie and told her to "control her bitch". she handled it pretty well and later that night she definitely handled her bitch...