𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

s3, ep6: Smells like Teen Spirit

❝It comes and goes in waves, and carries us away.❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

The bonfire was always one of Juliette's favourite school parties, it set off the start of the school year and there was no drama, that came afterwards. So she intended on drinking and having fun tonight. 

Elena and Juliette were walking over to the keg where Rebekah, Aaron and Stefan were standing, what Juliette didn't know was that the Scooby gang had a plan for turning Stefan's humanity back on. 

"Excuse me." Elena sighed as she grabbed a cup and poured herself a drink.

"Can you make me one too please?" Juliette asked and she was given one.

Stefan looked surprised. "Elena, Juliette. Hi, what are you doing?" He asked.

"We're having fun, Stefan. You have a problem with that?" Elena snapped.

"Wow, someone has an attitude tonight." Aaron laughed while filling his and Juliette's drink up.

Elena began chugging her entire cup and Stefan sighed. "Alright, take it easy. We both know you're kind of a lightweight." He reminded her.

"She's not that bad actually, i've seen her after a few drinks and she's been okay." Juliette interrupted.

Elena smiled at Juliette's comment before saying, "Really? You think I'm gonna let a blood addict tell me how to drink?" 

Juliette and Aaron laughed. and they were left alone by the keg. Juliette walked over to a log to sit down by herself but Aaron followed, looking like a lost puppy to anyone who was watching.

"Don't you have something better to do than to stay with me all night?" She asked him.

He shook his head. "No," They went silent for a few seconds. "You know, this bonfire is reminding me of the wedding." He wiggled his eyebrows in a teasing motion.

She looked at him in annoyance. "You mean the wedding where we made a terrible mistake which ending in me being sent away for a year, coming back and immediately being married to you of all people?"

"You say that like it's a bad thing love, I'm not that bad looking," He defended himself. "And let's be real here, you definitely fancied me." Juliette didn't answer. "Knew it."

Juliette scoffed. "Oh come on, don't act as if you never fancied me before!"

"Of course I did," Aaron admitted with no shame. "Juliette, every teenage boy in the village fancied you. You're gorgeous, and the fact that all of us fell in love with you when you kicked Leon Haddock in the balls for annoying you."

Juliette smiled at her 11 year old memory. "That was fun, but it did get me in trouble though," She reminded him. She sighed in embarrassment, "I think it was pretty obvious that I fancied you though."

"Of course it was!" He exclaimed and they both laughed. "Why do you think no one liked me? Your brothers were only my friends because they were too dumb to see it."

Juliette hesitated. "And yet...you still chose Rebekah over me."

He opened his mouth to say something but he had nothing and suddenly Aaron's phone rang and it turned out to be Zaria. He answered it quickly.

"Hi daddy!" She greeted excitedly.

"Hello love, what's up?" He asked and put the phone on speaker.

"Okay so, you know the way it's moms birthday soon? Well I have this idea-"

"Woah, woah, hold your horses there," The parents both chuckled. "You might not want to say that considering your mother's sat right next to me."

"Hey baby." Juliette laughed and Zaria smiled on her end at the sound of her mums voice.

"Mom!" Zaria exclaimed before suddenly realising. "Wait, you two are together and not arguing? Wow, I think I need to write this down in a diary or something."

"Very funny." Juliette rolled her eyes with amusement laced in her tone.

Zaria got confused when she heard someone shouting 'chug!' very faintly. "Wait, where are you guys?" She questioned.

"A back to school bonfire, if you can believe it." Juliette told her.

"Really? No way," She laughed. "I've just got back from one, I wanted to call you before I went to bed. I was going to call mom separately, but it now seems I don't have to do that."

"No boys I hope." Aaron teased her.

"Dad!" Zaria complained at the same time Juliette hit his arm. "I'm a thousand years old can you lay off?"

"Alright, alright!" He laughed again after both girls calm down. 

"I'll leave you two be now, have fun." She ended the call before they could reply. 

It got awkward again when they remembered the conversation before Zaria called. "I lied to you, when we were in Chicago." Aaron said quickly.

Juliette scoffed. "Again? Seriously?"

"No, it's not that big of a lie. I lied about the phone call being nothing. I don want to admit something."

Juliette looked at him blankly. "Go on then."

"Juliette! Aaron!" The pair were interrupted when Elena called their names and came walking over. "We're going home, you need a lift?"

Juliette glanced at Aaron before saying, "Yeah, come on. I'm sick of this party anyway." She was stupid for thinking the were getting somewhere.

a/n: the chapter's short bc it's jus finishing the end of the episode. also felt like putting in a cute family moment and reminiscing about old times. ALSO interrupting Aaron is my fave sport and im not even sorry

bye love you guys!!