𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

s2, ep15: The Dinner Party

❝...forgetting him was like trine know somebody you've never met, but loving him was Red❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Juliette had decided to join Jenna and Elijah on Elijah's research tour for his 'new book'. "The old fell property starts just beyond that fence over there," Jenna said, pointing to a certain direction.

"Ah the Fells, one of the 'founding families'." Elijah said mockingly and Juliette chuckled.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked him.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled, almost two full centuries earlier," Elijah explained. "There was a migration of townsfolk from the NorthEast. Um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts, as in the witch trials?" Jenna questioned, looking at Elijah.

"Meaning the ever lauded 'founding families',  didn't actually found anything," Juliette finished for him.

Jenna smirked. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," Jenna remarked.

Juliette laughed. "Understatement of the century."

"Yes they are," Elijah muttered and they all turned to see Alaric walking over to them.

"Uh, Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman," Jenna introduced him and Juliette and Jenna shared a confused glance.

"I got you, uh, your message about walking Elijah through the property lines, and I thought I would take along. You know, being a history buff and all," Alaric explained. "Jules, why are you here?"

Juliette scoffed. "I love history." Biggest lie in human history, she absolutely hated it. Elijah knew this so he shot her an amused glance. 

There was an awkward silence for a moment. "Where to next?" Alaric asked with an awkward laugh.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners," Elijah said. "Some say, you know, the  descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Juliette furrowed her eyebrows.

"I only brought the surveys, I've got that list in my car. Just give me a sec." Jenna ran back to her car, leaving Juliette, Elijah and Alaric.

"So, Alaric Saltzman, you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect," Elijah said and the two men kept their eyes on each other.

"Yeah, so is Jenna," Alaric replied.

Juliette raised her eyebrows in disbelief, men.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women," Elijah remarked and Juliette snorted.

Alaric just looked at him.

Elijah rolled his eyes. "Lighten up, it's a joke." He said.

This was going to be a long day.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Alaric and Juliette soon got bored of walking around and so they headed back to the Mystic Grill and sat down with Damon and Andie.

"Other than your lecture on Mystic Falls, get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked Ric.

"Elijah made a deal with Elena to keep people safe, and Elijah keeps his word. Believe me, you can trust him," Juliette assured them.