🌙 [01] Gone Utopia 🌙

"No! Cancer is not gonna spend any of her precious time healing your Dumbass wounds!"

The white haired watched the fuming Taurus from behind, their heart thumping faster, the more his grip tightened around her aching wrist. The entire argument had died down, only indistinct whispers that she couldn't make out.

"Taur-" she lowered her head, frightened that his angry gaze might burn her. It was heart racing how the one person that brought her comfort was mad, even at her. He has never, but I guess that line had been crossed.

Leo and Aries exchanged glares, backing away from each other. They say stress can really fuck the mind up but this was just too much. Being on the run for weeks and surviving within the shadows had cramped up their blissful friendship. The inseparable bond they had made over the years shattered, the love they once felt for each other is nothing but bittersweet memories eating their happiness.

Arguing. That's what have been going on lately. Everyone is at each others' throats. The slightest action can trigger their emotions. A group of friends had been turn apart.

The two had gotten into a fight, again. Burning and hurting themselves. It always takes Cancer a large amount of energy to heal them, especially when she barely has enough time to recharge. It drains her, and they were too blinded by idiocy, rage and sadness to see that.

If only it could go back to those days, where they'd happily meet after school, chat away and goof around, laughing and cackling at even the slightest thing.

Back to before the invasion, before the moon disappeared and before the stars started dying. Before their great utopia was burnt down, falling buildings destroying their streets and taking their loved once with them.

Before they were ruled out and had to flee into the darker part of the forest to seek forage from his wrath. Oh how lovely and simple life was.

They missed the sweet smell of nature and now had to endure the smell of smoke. They missed the warm sun and now had to suffer from the scorching heat. They missed the feel of soft grass under their feet but now had to endure the rough ground. They missed the enchanting sound of birds chirping but now they had to ignore the distance sounds of weeps.

Life went wrong.

"No, don't Taur me. Let them suffer, maybe learn from their mistakes!" Before Cancer could protest, the brown haired tugged her away from the bunch, towards a more secluded place.

During their escape from the threatening chase between them and the para-demons, the twelve had stumbled across a huge castle almost ruined but still very rigid. It was believed to belong to an old wizard who put a shield around it, keeping it safe against dark magic and boy was it true.

The para-demons couldn't see nor smell them. They were safe.

For now.

Cancer just trailed behind her childhood friend, her neighbour who she had grown attached to, the guy who didn't care how shy she was, he took her along, everywhere he went, introduced her to his friends and made sure she never felt left out.

She liked when smiled at her, how his voice would always chimes when he talks, she liked his scent, watermelon and lemon, both her favourite fruit combined, she missed it. Now he smelled like smoke, but at least his hugs were still the same, he fluttering feeling when he pats her hair was still intact. Deep down this always furious Taurus; he was still the same. She liked it. She liked him.

"You gotta learn how to say no sometimes," Taurus reprimanded, tousling his silky brown hair. He hated heights, but still brought Cancer here to watch the glowing orb sink down the violet sky, coming up tomorrow for another messed up day.

"I'm sorry," Cancer muttered, twiddling her fingers, strands of her white hair dancing in the mind. She was born like that, with white hair and gray eyes, people thought it was weird. Another reason she caved in.

"I'm sorry too, I kinda got carried away," Taurus smiled, wrapping his arms around Cancer, he knew she was feeling down and hugs always lifted her spirit up.

They remained silent, both praying for the same thing. The twelve had a mission, a way to free them all and rid their city from the cursed demon.

Find the moon spirit.

--------------• ° -🌕- ° •--------------

First chapter, and I'm pretty excited about this story.

Hope you'll enjoy.

Anyways hi, how are you?
Pls vote and comment

Thanks
Cya💛