3

Ram's POV

I was in my study when my little sister came to me and huffed in annoyance making me chuckle a little.

Bhai.. Today also? It's your wedding night for god sake. Get up now. She shut my Mac and dragged me out of my room where I met my mom who gave me the same look, I just grinned in return.

Stop that and go she is waiting for you. My mother playfully smacked my head and said for which I just nodded. I heard Natasha squealing all the best and they both giggled while I walked towards my room.

I looked back as I reached the door and heaved a sigh when I didn't find both of them. I stood there for a moment before opening the door.

As I entered inside I saw her sitting on the bed fidgeting her pallu and she stood up abruptly as soon as she sensed my presence.

You must be tired, that is the changing room, you can go and change. I spoke up and she responded with a nod before walking into the changing room.

I was lying on the bed when she came out wearing a nightgown, I moved to one side of the bed making enough space for her.

Good night, I wished her and she too wished me back. I sensed her lying down on the other side of the bed through her bangle sounds.

After some moments, I slowly looked at her over my shoulder and saw her sleeping peacefully.

I took a deep breath and sat up. leaning back on the headrest, I closed my eyes.

She was the one who was behind me. I wasn't an easy nut to crack but she succeeded in making me fall for her. She was head over heels for me when I didn't give a damn about her feelings and left me all alone when I started to love her with all my heart. I was beyond shattered when she said that she did all this just because of the mere bet she had with her friends.

She must have thought that playing with others' feelings was completely okay but what she wasn't aware of is that it shoves the victim from believing even though they find genuine love.

I decided to not be involved in these things anymore as I had a really tough time coming out of the traumatic phase of my life which was created by her but I had to give in when Mom and Dad wanted me to settle down.

It was purely an arranged marriage and she is the daughter of my mom's friend.

I am not sure how it is going to be from now on but I am clear about one thing that the wound in my heart still needs time to heal.

I opened my eyes and my gaze fell on her who curled up and clutched the blanket to her neck, A sincere sorry escaped my mouth even though she couldn't hear me since I was unsure of keeping her happy or fulfilling her expectations out of this marriage.

I lay down as my body felt tired and slipped into a deep sleep in no time.

Life is going on with no hiccups as she did not ask me anything and it did surprise me to see her completely fine with the way we are living as newlywed. Maybe even she had no expectations from this marriage like me. I didn't dig more as I did not want to ruin the ease of our compromised marriage. And more than that I didn't want to create any false hopes in her.

I came home after the office and saw my family sitting in the living hall sipping evening tea, my lips curled seeing the visitor in my home. My doctor Aunty. She is my mom's sister and a well-known gynaecologist.

I hugged her and she patted my head lovingly. We shared pleasantries before I went upstairs to get freshened up.

While descending the stairs, I saw only Aunty and Priya talking about something, I took a seat opposite them as I reached them.