___________________________________

A few days later it was christmas eve and the day of the ball. Regina was dressed in a beautiful dark green velvet gown and her hair was styled in an elegant bun. She hadn't been feeling quite well that day but she tried to shake it off. "It will be alright, little one. Just a few more weeks and you'll finally meet the world." she spoke softly to her baby before she was finally done with getting ready.

The young brunette was escorted to the ballroom where she met with her husband. "Your majesty." She said softly and made slightly courtsey in greeting. She sighed when he took her arm and they entered the ballroom together. She then walked over to her usual seat but was stopped by the King.

"It's time for the first dance." Leopold reminded her and led her over to the dance floor to share this first dance with his wife which was unusual for him really but he had noticed that Regina was unhappy and tried to keep up the appearence of a happy family, especially now that she was carrying his child.

Regina was uncomfortable and nervous since she never really danced with him. Usually she was just expected to sit around and watch him dance with Snow. She did have dancing lessons as a young girl but they never really came to use until now.

She let him put a hand to her waist and let him lead her around the dance floor but suddenly she felt another pain in her baby bump and pushed him away. She looked at him a bit shocked. "Excuse me." She said and ran off to her chambers.

This angered the King. Everyone stared at him as the queen ran off. He felt deeply embarrassed and wouldn't let that go easily. After a while of dancing with Snow White, Leopold excused himself and went to Regina's chambers. He stormed in without knocking and looked around, finding Regina sitting in the rocking chair in the nursery, next to her bedroom. "How dare you?! You embarrassed me in front of everyone!" He shouted at her and grabbed her arm, pulling her up to face him.

Regina flinched as he grabbed her. She had no idea what was going to happen but she knew it couldn't be good. "Please, I'm sorry. I...I just wasn't feeling well. The baby kept kicking." She explained and hoped that would calm him.

Leopold shoke his head. "That is your excuse for everything lately. The baby. You embarrassed me! Everyone thinks my own wife is disgusted to even dance with me. I don't care if you were unwell. Pull yourself together!" He kept yelling at her. He was so angry with her that he pushed her. "You won't embarrass me again!" He growled.

Regina gasped as he pushed her. She fell to the ground and cried out in pain. She was shaking in fear, waiting for another push or a slap but instead Leopold just left her. There she was, laying on the floor in her baby's nursery and crying as she suddenly felt something wet run down her legs. She looked down and got teary eyed as she noticed that it was blood. "No, no, no. Please little one, stay with me. Please. " She begged as she felt a sharp pain. "Please " she whispered and kept crying. "Help! Help me!" She called out but she was sure everyone would be busy with the ball. She kept calling for help until someone entered the nursery.

"Oh Regina. What happened?" Henry asked his daughter as he rushed to her side and helped her to get over to her bed.

"Leopold...he was angry because I left the ball early. He...he pushed me." Regina explained to her father and cried. She couldn't lose her baby. It just couldn't happen.

Henry shoke his head. He should have protected his daughter more. He should never have let her marry the king. "Shh, breath slowly in and out. I'll fetch the doctor and the nursemaid. I'll be right back, sweetheart." He told her and ran to fetch the doctor and Johanna. He came back only a few minutes later with the doctor and Johanna.