Tutorial Stage #8. - Walking Corpse.

Začít od začátku

Kyu moved closer to the trees separating the old schoolhouse from the dusty baseball field and sat down. He closed his eyes and felt for his mana. Of course, as his search was limited to the outside of his body, he didn't get very far. He had felt nothing, not a particle of magical energy was noticed, so he searched inwards. He went to the source of his energy located in his gut.

He searched through the pathways of supernatural energy flowing through him and focused deeper than he ever had on his newfound power.
The pathways seemed to be divided into two parts, the main streams, dubbed as the Alpha Network, which supplied the bulk of magical energy throughout his body, and the lesser streams, which split off from the main streams like countless tree roots extending outwards. Kyu had dubbed this the Beta Network.

With this new knowledge and his anime-esque naming sense firmly established, the young magic-wielder examined both of his overlapping Networks.
He noticed that when both pieces of this anatomical puzzle were assembled, he generated a sort of coating of ethereal energy that protected him from outside influences.

He had found what he was looking for.
Shooting off of his passive barrier of magical energy, were huge traces of magic. Now, Kyu had gotten a lot of insight into how his energy works, but he still knew very little. His best guess as to why he left behind huge chunks of energy was that he had a huge pool of energy to draw from. His current maximum was simply a way of relaying how much he could control according to the System.
His running theory was that the more energy you have, the bigger residuals you leave behind, and the reason that the energy was naturally emitted is that a magician's body constantly draws in ambient magic and turns it into the user's signature magical energy. If a magic-wielder kept on absorbing magical energy without any proper release, they'd overload.

That was his assumption, at the very least.

So now the solution was obvious; He would first put a stop to absorbing ambient energy while also halting his release of leftover energy.

With a solid theory in place, now would be the practical application of the technique. Stopping the constant intake and output of energy wasn't as difficult as he thought it would be. It was akin to holding his breath, except for his entire body. It wasn't hard to start, but it stopping the constant movement of energy inside of him felt wrong and it got more and more challenging to keep the energy from flowing. The entire sensation was odd. The only way he could describe it was that he wasn't breathing while he was breathing. Putting aside how strange this process was, the important thing was that Kyu was right, he had stopped leaving residual traces of energy. Now was the time to talk to one of the demons. He marched to the clubhouse and up the stone steps before pounding his fist against the door three times. 

In reality, he didn't wait very long but with his energy flow halted it felt like an eternity. But at last, the door opened to reveal one of the beautiful women Kyu had caught a glimpse of in the halls and once in the early mornings when he arrived at school. Himejima Akeno. She had long raven hair tied back in a ponytail that almost swept the floor, her violet eyes reminded Kyu of galaxies beyond his own. This partnered with her ridiculous figure, it was no wonder she was coveted by the entire school. Her breasts were large, her waist thin, and with hips wide as the ocean. She was truly gorgeous. 

"Wow." That was all Kyu said for a short period before seamlessly flowing into his prepared statement."Hello, Senpai." He began with a short greeting. "I heard about this club and I'm interested in joining. Are you accepting new members at the current moment?"
The boy spoke formally, yet his tone was strained because of his continued effort to freeze his energy.

The young woman said nothing for a moment, she seemed to have been stunned, only a second, however, because after the short delay she responded to Kyu. "Oh! Yes-- I mean, no." She slipped into a professional façade after her sudden correction.
"I'm sorry, but we aren't taking in new club members. There are plenty of clubs accepting new members, however! I'm sure one of them will speak to you." She spoke politely in a manner that mirrored Kyu's.

Kyu had predicted this sort of answer, but he wasn't just going to stop after that singular exchange. 

"Oh well." He said, appearing dejected. "Mind if I ask you some questions anyway?"The senior student glanced to the side as if hesitating to continue the discussion before returning to her secretary persona. "I suppose so. Just for you my little Kouhai." She said, her voice was soothing yet every word carried a suggestive hint to it.