Eleanor's expression remained one of unwavering support, and James, while carrying the weight of his past, stood strong in unity with his sister. The trial ahead was going to expose their darkest secrets and most painful memories, but they were determined to face it together.

Time seemed to stretch, and the echoing footsteps of other court attendees filled the hall as they arrived one by one. The anticipatory tension in the room was tangible, as everyone silently braced for the emotional rollercoaster that lay ahead.

After a few minutes, Thomas appeared. He looked to Alexandra and James with a grim smile.

"Are you ready for this?"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

As the court came into session, Alexandra kept her eyes fixed firmly on the judge, too apprehensive to glance at anyone else in the room. She knew Charles was here, as were James, her family, and friends, but she couldn't afford to let her emotions get the better of her now. She certainly couldn't risk making eye contact with Jackson. Not yet.

Sitting to her left, her prosecuting lawyer, Natasha Blackwood, rose to her feet. Alexandra had chosen Natasha to represent her, and she was reassured by the woman's commanding presence and confidence. Natasha's voice was powerful, and she projected strength as she addressed the court.

Beside her, Alexandra felt Thomas leaning in. "Relax, you look like you might pass out," he whispered.

Alexandra nodded tightly and redirected her attention to Natasha, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the court,"Natasha began, her voice resonating with authority. "In the past five years, Alexandra Heroux and James Jenkins have endured extreme horrors at the hands of the defendant, Jackson Morgan. Their lives have been forever scarred by the torment inflicted upon them."

Alexandra's gaze remained locked on Natasha as she listened to her legal counsel lay out the opening statements.

"Morgan manipulated Jenkins when he was at the lowest point in his life, leading him into a downward spiral of drug addiction. When Jenkins could no longer provide the money that Morgan demanded, the defendant hatched a sinister plan to extort it from Heroux. But in a last-minute decision, he chose a path of even greater malevolence. When Morgan realised that James Jenkins sister was Hollywood actress Alexandra Heroux, he instead decided to collect his debt a different way. On the evening of October 13th, 2017, James Morgan raped Alexandra Heroux, in front of her own, bruised and beaten brother whom he had assaulted only hours earlier."

Alexandra's hands trembled slightly as the memories flooded back, but she forced herself to maintain her composure. She could feel the eyes of the jury and the rest of the court on her. This was it. The truth was out. She was a victim.

"After subjecting both Heroux and Jenkins to a brutal and near-fatal assault, Morgan left them in an abandoned house, believing it to be just another night of violence. However, little did he know that the siblings possessed crucial information—the knowledge of his identity—enabling them to pursue justice. Morgan was incarcerated, but that was not the end of the story."

Alexandra felt the weight of every word as Natasha continued.

"Over the course of four years in prison, Morgan used his resources to manipulate, force, and blackmail his associates on the outside to gather information on Heroux and Jenkins, information that could be used to destroy their lives. As Heroux's F1 career soared to new heights, Morgan grew envious and determined to exploit the knowledge he had amassed, leaking it to the notorious gossip blog, 'Gossip Gate.'"