She had fallen in love with him, and she knew that she would never be able to resist him. As she continued to look into his eyes, she noticed that they were the same colour as the ocean on a clear day. She could see the adoration and passion that he had for her, and it made her feel safe and secure. 

She knew that she could always count on him to be there for her, no matter what.

Hearing Annika's emotional confession touched Shivaay's heart. He couldn't understand how to respond to her words, so he yanked his glasses and brushed his eyes.

He held her chin with his free hand, positioning himself to kiss her. "Say 'No' if you don't want to," he murmured, holding his glasses in one hand and the other hand rubbing her lower back above her backless dress.

"Yes. Please continue." Seeing no reluctance, Shivaay began to approach her slowly and sensually. Shivaay leaned in to kiss Annika, a gesture that spoke volumes of his deep passion and connection with her. As their lips met, it was as if time itself had come to a standstill. Shivaay's lips, soft and tender, found the perfect harmony with Annika's, and their mouths moved together in a dance of pure, unadulterated love. Their kiss was a testament to the passion that had torched between them, a slow and plotted probe of one another's desires and affections.

Shivaay's hands gently cradled Annika's face, his touch warm and reassuring, conveying his devotion and care. Annika's arms wrapped around his waist, drawing him closer, as if she was trying to integrate their very souls. Their bodies pressed into one another, creating a sensation of perfect unity, as their hearts beat in sync.

As he kissed her, Annika felt a rush of emotions. She felt loved, cherished, and desired. She knew that she was the luckiest woman in the world to have a man like Shivaay in her life. As they broke the kiss, Annika looked into Shivaay's eyes once again. "I love you, Shivaay," she said softly.

She knew that she would never tire of looking into those beautiful blue-green eyes. She knew that they were the windows to his soul and that she would always be able to see his love for her shining through them.

"You left no crumbles!" Shivaay said as he rubbed her wet and swollen lips. 

As the gleaming knife sliced through the layers of the cake, their smiles were illuminated by the flickering candlelight. The sweet, faint fragrance of the plum cake filled the room. It was a moment of sweet happiness, of dreams discovered, and a future full of promise.

Amidst the celebration, Shivaay's parents, Pinky and Shakti, had joined in through a video call, their faces beaming with pride and affection. 

"Happy anniversary dono ko. Stay happy throughout." Pinky wished them with her biggest smile ever. "By the next year just give us a grandchild to play. even our papa is retiring in three months, consequently, we would be free. What do you say?"

Annika reddened, whereas Shivaay whined at his mother for bringing this up again.

"Shiv you are already crossing thirty in a few months. Your father had Shubh by your age, so stop whining." Shivaay thought of different ways to shut his mother, however he knew that she wouldn't stop at this, merely.

Watching the frustrated look on his son's face, Shakti came up to his rescue. "Pinky ji they are kids themselves. How will they manage their studies, and work along with a child? let them have some space for themselves. Whatever happened-" Shakti paused "it is past. Whatever will happen is in the future, regardless of that just focus on the present. I'm sure that there is a bright future waiting for you both. I wish to see you together in a place that people didn't think of. People have laughed at us and you should take that as a challenge and stand uptight."