Chapter 12

Pip could hear her mother downstairs. Her steps in the kitchen as she made breakfast. She could smell her mom's pancakes. Her favourite, thick and so syrupy they glued your mouth together. The thought of them made her feel happy. 

She could hear Josh and her dad. Their playful bickering. All they was absent was the skittering of Barney's claws. Once again her fault. 

She wished for mornings like this. Waking up to the sound of her family downstairs. After everything that had happened Pip had forgotten how enjoy these moments with her family. But time was limited. Pip wanted to cherish the moments she had with her family. With Ravi. With Cara. And all her friends. 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty", she presses her lips to his hair, trailing a finger down the bridge of Ravi's nose. Ravi shifted closer to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Good morning, trouble." 

 A warmth filled inside her. This was the boy she loved. His eyes. Somehow always bright. Lite from within. The opposite of dead-eyed. The antidote to her poison. 

He rested his forehead against hers. "We've got a long day ahead of us today, Sarge. Shall we get ready?" She shuffled to get up, but Ravi caught her wrist, "Hey, Pip, it's not your fault. It never was." He presses a kiss against her forehead, "Get ready now." She squeezed his elbow and he squeezed back. I love you. 

A/N - 

Just listened to 1989 (stolen version) for the last time before 1989 (taylor's version) comes out.  HAPPY LISTENING TO 1989 tv LUVSSS!!!"