Season 3B Chapter 4: Flying Angels

Start from the beginning

Every day, I would stop by before school, and then when I was done in school, I would spend my afternoons here. If Allison was in the room, I would stay out of the way because I know as his current girlfriend, she has priority. But she seems to be handling other pack stuff, so she is not here as often, which gives me a chance to be here by my sunshine's side. Jessi is worried I will get unstable for the lack of sleep, but I have assured her I am taking care of myself.

"Lexi, you need to rest. He is improving at a very slow rate, but he is making progress. Please, honey, take a break. You have been here eight days," says Melissa, hugging me.

"I can't. I can't let Isaac alone. I don't want him to wake up and feel like nobody is here for him. Please, Melissa, don't say anything to Jessica because she will worry more. Please, I need to be here," I was doing everything to control my tears.

"Well, if I can't convince you to go home, I will find a way to make your stay a bit more comfortable. Danny and Marco are outside with your food. Please step out for a few minutes and at least eat something. I'll check on you before I go home."

In the past few days, Danny, Marco, Scott, and Allison have been coming in and out to check on Isaac, and my two knights are here for me. Those two are what are keeping me sane these days. They come and joke a little and try to help me calm down. Marco has even done some meditations with me. 

There's nothing like having a tribe, so I must be here for Isaac. He has always felt alone after his mom and brother died. I want him to know I am here for him.

When everyone leaves, I do what I do whenever I am here. I play our playlist in a very low volume while I talk to him. I talk to him constantly because I know he is somewhere in there, and I want him to come back.

Sometimes, I hold his good hand, the one not charred after the electrocution; other times, I play with his beautiful curls. His hair is a mess after so many days in bed. I want to see his blue eyes and his gorgeous smile. I don't care if he already picked Allison. I want him to be well. That's all that matters.

"Hey, my love, open your eyes, please. We need you; we are all worried about you. So many people have come to check on you, and many have sent me texts asking how you are doing. Your art teacher says that your work is progressing great and wants you to finish it soon. I told you art was a good class for you, remember?"

I immediately go back to my memories of last summer. Those were simple, fun times. I know why he accepted the bite, but sometimes I wonder if our relationship would have been better if he had remained a mere human. Of course, if he had been a human, he wouldn't have survived the electric shock, so I am not complaining. But then again, if he hadn't been part of the pack, he wouldn't have been in danger.

OK, enough, I can't think about all this. My stress is making me have too many thoughts at the same time. I need to breathe.

"Isaac, I don't know if I ever told you how much you mean to me. In a way, I am glad you are sleeping because I can tell you this without feeling weak. After my nanna died, I never felt that I belonged anywhere. Something weird happened to me the night you showed up at the diner. My heart somehow knew you were special. 

As we started hanging out together, I felt a connection, and your arms became my safe place. The night you confessed you were a werewolf and we made love, my emotions were so intense because I felt complete and loved for who I was for the first time in my life. Not the copy of a dead son, definitely not a mistake, nor even seen with pity because I was once a homeless runaway. You loved me for who I was with you, and that felt amazing."

"That is why seeing you distancing yourself from me has been so difficult. Losing Boyd was terrible, but watching you erase our connection has affected my heart and soul. Even if we are no longer together, I want you to please get better. You are loved and needed; people here care about you. Even if we don't talk, I don't want to go and visit you at the cemetery.