𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 | 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑

01
_________________

Another deceptive moment slipped away, making it increasingly challenging to maintain my gaze fixed on the crimson stain on the carpet that stubbornly refused to fade, despite the countless years I've resided in this place

Another deceptive moment slipped away, making it increasingly challenging to maintain my gaze fixed on the crimson stain on the carpet that stubbornly refused to fade, despite the countless years I've resided in this place. Nestled within the charcoal threads, it has always lingered unnoticed by others. Yet, I perceive its existence and sense its silent presence.

I gaze upwards, my eyes trailing along the length of the glass bowl filled with mints that rests delicately on the table before me. As I ponder in silence, a question nags at me persistently - what exactly is the purpose of these minty treats? Curiously, I note that she hasn't made a move to take even a single one. Now that's picking at my brain.

"How are you coping with the fact that your name has finally been vindicated?"

"Ecstatic"

I idly twiddled my thumbs, feeling like a lost child in the presence of the psychotherapist. As I finally lifted my gaze to meet hers, a glimmer of anticipation shone in her eyes, causing a slight twitch at the corners of my lips. Her unwavering eagerness to engage with me had always been evident, and her genuine interest in understanding why I sought her help. Yet, there were moments when her innocent smile tempted me to divulge all my hidden truths. However, I knew all too well that her seemingly sweet demeanor would swiftly summon nurses and the police the instant I dared to reveal my darkest secrets.

The allure of revealing the truth will forever remain a temptation for me, I have no desire to stay here any longer.

"How do you feel about completing your course here at last?" She inquires once more, her gaze flitting around the room before landing on me. With a soft click, she taps her pen against her small notepad and jots down a few notes.

" I wonder...?" I delicately clear my throat, adjusting myself to an upright posture. "Is there any purpose to this discussion if I'm gonna leave this all regardless?"

She hesitated for a moment, and suddenly I found myself sinking my teeth into the inside of my cheek until the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. It bothered me, yet it also reminded me of the raw power I possessed to make blood flow at my command."Well- It's my last record of you, to make sure that you will be safe out there of course " and so that the rest of the world was safe, I felt the words tug at her conscience and tease at her tongue. These words echoed in my ears repeatedly, like a haunting refrain. Each passing hour, each fleeting minute, each relentless second, all the agonizing treatments made were driven by the singular purpose of keeping the world safe from me.

It's not like I'm a serial killer of something
I slaughtered for one singular purpose, to restore justice.

I gave a nod, perhaps in contemplation or in sync with the rhythm of every passing minute. Uncertain of the reason, I nodded regardless.