2

❅⋆꙳•❅*‧ ‧*❆ ₊⋆

❅⋆꙳•❅*‧ ‧*❆ ₊⋆

GOJŌ SATORU HAD awoken even before umeko's hand had nudged his shoulder to wake him. the seven year-old was always cautious, for he never knew when the next time he'd get assassinated.

     since he was still young, many sorcerers and curses had attempted to get rid of him, in fear of how powerful he'd become when grows older.

     "good morning young master. i've brought you your breakfast for after you rinse your face", umeko greeted, to which gojō had just groaned.

     "why haven't you quit yet. i thought i told you to".

     "young master, you should rinse your face before the water gets cold", the twenty year-old responded, ignoring the child's clear annoyance.

     complying, gojō splashed his face with some lukewarm water and wiped his face with a nearby towel. the white-haired child then started dining, whilst umeko had started to fold up his futon.

     "did you eat yet?", gojō questioned.

     "not yet, youn—"

"come eat with me", gojō commanded.

"unfortunately, that's not allowed. i must dine after you—"

"it's an order. do you wish to disobey?"

sighing, the woman stuck the futon back into the closet before bowing and taking a seat beside the young heir.

"i appreciate your concern, young master. however, i cannot break the rules, even if you command me to", umeko explained.

gojō side-eyed the poised woman, who just kept a gentle smile on her face at all times.

"fine. starve then", the young gojō grumbled, hurriedly shoving food into his mouth whilst umeko had to hold in a laugh.

'so he's not completely spoiled. how cute'.

after the seven year-old had finished breakfast, umeko changed the young heir into his plain navy blue yukata that he wore for classes.

"have a good time in class, young master. i'll bring you your lunch later", umeko waved, as gojō didn't even glance at the woman before leaving.

softly sighing, umeko placed the dirty dishes onto the wooden tray to take back to the kitchen.

she could get used to this, she believed. all she needed to do next was to get closer to gojō. with the right determination and perseverance, she was sure that she'd be able to build a strong relationship with him one day, just like her mother and her master.

whilst carrying the plates, umeko had noticed that each dish still had a little bit of leftovers, except for the plate that held the ichigo daifuku.

     'hmm...seems like somebody has a sweet tooth'.

     umeko wasn't sure what lessons gojō took, but by the end of the day, the seven year-old looked exhausted as hell.

     gojō barely had any energy to eat and if it weren't for umeko threatening to feed him herself, he probably wouldn't have even picked up his spoon.

"i'll be back later to tuck you in, young master. please shower in the meantime while i take these plates away and set up your futon".

gojō just did as told, taking a shower and awaiting for umeko to come back whilst sitting on his futon.

     a knock was then heard.

     "come in".

     "pardon for my lateness, but i've brought you some chamomile tea in hopes to help you sleep better", the twenty year-old apologized.

umeko noticed how easily gojō woke up just by her mere presence. she believed that in order to grow healthily, one should induce in deep sleeping.

     too tired to care, gojō just chugged it and handed the mug back to umeko.

     "now have a good night's sleep, young master", umeko smiled, placing the blanket on top of the young heir as she simply bowed and closed the door to his room.

admiring the moon for a quick moment, the dark-haired woman returned the mug to the kitchen before getting ready for bed herself.

however, for some reason, she found it difficult to sleep. she wasn't sure whether it was because she was so excited for her new job or if it was because her gut was trying to tell her something.

since the light in her room was diminished, umeko attempted to sleep by closing her eyes. however, around midnight, she was awoken by an eerie gurgle.

abruptly sitting up, umeko quietly listened to what that could've been.

     it seemed like the room next to hers was being steadily opened, causing her to wonder whether it was gojō going out for a walk or not. however, that didn't seem right.

     something felt off. horribly off.

❅⋆꙳•❅*‧ ‧*❆ ₊⋆