THIRTEEN

Leilani woke up with a horrendous headache and for a second she truly felt as if her head was about to explode by some chemical imbalance. But she knew why she was waking up like this. Ever since last night, she had drunk her way to sleep and was pretty sure she collapsed in the common room.

Hell, she didn't even know how she ended up tucked in her fourposter.

Groaning, she dragged herself up into a sitting position, leaning back against the headboard behind her. Lifting a hand, she tried to calm her hangover by massaging her forehead. She tried to imagine that it worked even though it did not.

A knock came from the door and before she had a chance to yell 'fuck off', the door opened and Pansy came through, followed by Draco and Theo. Leilani scowled at the grin that lit up on her face once she spotted her awake "Goodmorning, Sunshine! You're looking awfully cheery this morning"

"Leave her alone, Pans" Theo butted in, although even he was containing a grin. Moving to the side of her bed, he handed her a bottle and she almost sighed in relief "Hangover potion. Bottoms up, Flower"

He did not have to tell her twice. Removing the cork, she downed the potion in one go, grimacing as the horrid taste went down her throat. Coughing once, Leilani nodded in thanks to which she received a smile. Her brother's voice filled the room and her eyes snapped to where he stood leaned against the doorway. His blonde hair was messy and eyes bloodshot, probably from wandering around last night "Looking pretty awful, Lani"

"You're one to fucking talk, Draco" He huffed before he got eye contact with Pansy then Theo, who both nodded and then left the room. When the door closed behind them, her brother moved closer to her bed before he leaned down and flicked her forehead. "Ow, what the hell-"

"Want to tell me why you were drinking yourself unconscious last night?" He cut her off with a raised brow, staring down at her.

Feeling a bit better by the potion, she scoffed and stood up from her bed "Want to tell me why you apparently decided that you're the fit person to be having this conversation with me?"

"Fine, you got a point" Draco rolled his eyes. Then he gestured down to her neck "Then what the hell is that? Who did that to you?"

"None of your business" she retorted.

"Fucking smartass" He muttered bitterly, before pushing past her and falling down into her bed. Leilani rolled her eyes when he kept muttering salazar knows what under his breath as he reached for his flask taking a swig. She gave him a pointed stare, one he noticed. "You've made your point, I'm a bloody hypocrite. Now stop fucking looking at me like that"

Turning around she moved towards the mirror, Wealeys mouth shaped bruises looked right up at her. Lifting a hand she massaged the area and watched as they disappeared. Her eyes found Dracos through the mirror and he was watching her with an unreadable expression. Leilani knew he was worried, but he didn't have to be. "I just- Do you remember how the Manor sort of became an comfort for me, no matter how fucked up that is" he nodded "Now this fucking place makes me feel the same and I get this panic everytime i imagine myself leaving it. What do I even do after this? It's not like I will find a job at the ministry or anywhere in the wizarding world for that matter"

She noticed how he looked down at his hands that were fiddling with the cap of his flask, clearly uncertain and filled with guilt. "I-....I'm sorry about everything, Lani"

Leilani sighed and turned around, sitting down on the bed beside him. Giving him a halfhearted smile, she gently bumped his shoulder with her fist "We both have things to be sorry for, big brother. There is no need to feel bad about it now. Especially when it's things we really had no input nor choice in"