~14~ Thruth Plums

Start from the beginning

"I can take a look at it, if you want," she offered. "I haven't completed my medical training yet, but they say I'm one of the best."

Verania hesitated for a moment, before she gave in. "Sure."

Marly smiled brightly as if she had waited for this all her life.

Kit finally came over to them. She confined on washing her face and taking off her jacket.

Elora held up a necklace. "Can I wear this?"

"Of course, you can wear whatever you want," Marly said as she cleaned Verania's wound.

"The stitches aren't good, but it's healing already so I wouldn't want to rip them open again," Marly explained. Then she got some odd smelling paste and applied it to her wound. "It's gonna help the healing process. Try to use it at least twice a day," she told Verania as she put some of the paste into a little box and gave it to her.

"Thank you," Verania said once again and smiled at Marly.

"No need to thank me, do you need help changing?" She asked and pointed at the purple shirt.

"I think she can do that herself just fine," Kit chimed in unfriendly. "And if not, she has me to help her."

Verania frowned. What was that about?

Marly didn't care at all but kept smiling. "Okay, if you need anything else, just say so." Then, she went over to Elora.

"Is everything okay?" Verania asked Kit as she started to take of the green shirt she was currently wearing.

"Yeah, I just don't know why they're suddenly so nice to us."

"Better than trying to kill us," Verania commented, then saw Kit's look. "But I know what you mean, it's definitely weird."

Verania took some water to wash herself the best she could and put on the purple shirt. Who knows when she would get the next opportunity.

Marly had started to brush and braid Elora's hair. "I can do that with yours too," she suggested as she looked over to Verania. "Looks like you need it."

It was true. Although Verania has had her hair in a braid most of the time, her long hair was still extremly messy and dirty.

"I can do it," Kit offered.

Verania nodded and smiled. "That would be great."

Kit tried to brush her hair cautiously, not wanting to hurt Verania. It took a while, but when she was done, Kit asked, "So, what do you want me to do with your hair?"

Kit prayed silently that Verania asked for something simple. She didn't usually braid her hair since it was rather short. A ponytail or a simple braided pigtail was fine, but what Marly did with Elora's hair was beyond Kit's abilities.

"I don't really care. Actually I don't know much about braids at all."

"I recommend a fishtail or halfway up. It's easy, you should be able to do that," Marly said from the other side of the tent as she put a little flower in Elora's hair.