~14~ Thruth Plums

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
TRUTH PLUMS

Kit, Elora and Verania waited nervously while Jade and Scorpia were in her tent, talking about who knows what

"Jade will be alright, Kit. Scorpia didn't kill her when she had opportunity and reason to, why would she do it now?" Verania tried to calm Kit down.

"Yeah, yeah, I hope you're right," she mumbled, but didn't sound so sure.

A Bone Reaver came back from Scorpia's tent and whispered something to Lori.

"Follow me," Lori said as the other Bone Reaver was gone again.

The three girls sent each other an alarmed look, but didn't really had another choice but to follow.

They were led to a little tent. A blond woman stood inside, smiling at them as they arrived. There was a round table in the middle on which stood a jug of water, cloths and lots of other stuff Verania couldn't really identify.

"Clean yourselves up," Lori instructed and left the tent. He didn't go far but stood in front of the entrance, with the back turned to them.

"I'm Marly," the young woman around their introduced herself. "I'm here to help you."

"With what?" Kit asked her rather rude.

"To get ready, for the party later," she explained. "We're celebrating the return of Kael's daughter, Scorpia's last remaining sister, Jade."

Before Kit could say anything else, Elora spoke up. "Well, thank you." She smiled at Marly.

Verania didn't really know what to think of this situation. Still, she was the first to move. Pouring a bit of the water into a bowl to washe her hands, she looked at Marly.

"Do you have another shirt for me to lend?" She asked. "Mine is soaked with blood."

"Of course." Marly went over to a chest and opened it. She took out two shirts and held both up. "Red or purple?"

"Purple, thanks," Verania said as Marly handed her the shirt.

Elora went over to a basket filled with jewelry, taking a look at different necklaces. Kit still stood there, not moving.

"May I ask what happenedP"

"Uh, I got cut by a possessed guard of Tir Asleen who was serving the Withered Crone," Verania explained to Marly. It was quite funny saying this aloud. Verania would've never guessed that this would be her life.