A Royal Pain

Beginne am Anfang

"Then... Who did it belong to?" He was interested, Mongolia debated in his mind to answer his question. "It belonged to my father, he would wear that cape every day..." Korea felt disquiet run through his heart, "Woah... If this was your father's possession... I'm not sure I should be keeping this..." awkwardly scratching the back of his head, he fiddles with the button to take it off.

"No, it's fine, no use holding on to the past, right? That cape was too big for me anyway, you can have it." Confirming his assurance, Mongolia pats on Korea's shoulder. "Well, as long as you're fine with it, thanks," smiling with gratitude, Mongolia hums and turns forward. "Mongolia, do you think I'd look cool in a cape?" Chuckling at Russia's cute act, Mongolia runs his hand through his hair, "Trust me, the cape drag was over in the 18th century, you're better off with casual clothes that won't burden you." Russia pouted and crossed his arms, "Aww... It would still be awesome to have one!" Picturing himself all high and mighty with a cape, Russia glee with excitement, he couldn't wait to be a grown-up.

The journey was repetitively silent, just the soft sound of the grass being stepped on could be heard. Korea pulls on his collar and attempts to make small talk, "So... Do you mind telling me a little bit more about yourself? Didn't exactly get enough bio from you."

"I told you before, I'm just an ordinary guy trying to make ends meet by growing crops and farming mammals." He raises an eyebrow in suspicion, "I think there's more to it than you're letting on... If we're gonna be together, you must let me know what sort of baggage you got."

"Well, your exasperating nosiness to my history is getting on my nerves, so I recommend you be silent," giving him a soft frown, he slumped down in disappointment. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll tell you a little bit about myself!"

Clearing his throat, he hovers from the ground a bit, "My name is Korea! The dragon prince of the Far East! I've grown up with my humble mother and father. My dad is human, my mother a dragon, and I'm a hybrid of both dynamic species. I was born from the arrangement of a proposal of a greater peace declared by the all-powerful dragon ruler and Joseon!" 

Looking high at Korea, Mongolia shades his eyes using a hand; Korea is flying right at the sun side view. "That's unbelievable, Joseon wouldn't make quietude with flying lizards even if his life depended on it... no offense, Russia."

"None taken!"

Landing gracefully on his feet, Korea poses humorously, "Believe it or not, you're staring at a living result between a dragon and a human matrimony!" Mongolia rolls his eyes and wanders away from him. Korea shook his head and flew after him. "You're not taking me seriously!" Korea nonchalantly spoke, Mongolia patted him on the head, "Maybe you'll get to that point where I can respect you someday, little boy."

Stopping dead in his tracks, Korea puts his hands on his waist, "Little boy?! I'm like 25 years old! Just like you." Feeling absolutely disrespected, Korea presumed Mongolia was the same age area as him, judging by his looks that is. "Hmpf, our age ratio is approximately 26:1..."

Using his fingers, Korea calculates his age, "Doesn't that make you like... 6 centuries years old!?" Mongolia laughs at his reaction, "Please, Korea, do I look a day over forty to you?" Showing him a teasing smirk, Korea scratches his head in perplex. "N-No... are you?" Not answering his questions, Korea was left thinking about Mongolia's age.

...

"This begs the question, how long have you and Russia been together?" Looking at the small dragon, Russia clings to Mongolia's hand, "About a month now, although it wasn't too long, I already feel as if I knew this boy for a year..." The warm smile on Mongolia made the Russian beam as well. Mongolia was still mentally preparing himself for the day he and Russia would have to part ways... eventually. "Hey little guy, how did you and this guy meet?"