𝘟𝘐𝘝: 𝘓𝘶𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯

Start from the beginning

                                                           It threw her again over the side of a creek nearby and (Y/n) gasped. It was times like this that she reminded herself of how powerless she was right now. She had forgotten her knife back at camp with how sudden the attack had been, leaving her to defend herself with an unknown power, her claws, and fangs. Her head hit a branch and she hissed, feeling a harsh throbbing on the side of her skull. She hissed at the creature and stood back up with a leap, flashing her fangs in an animalistic manor. Her wrist ached and warmed from before, the harpy circling overhead as it tried to find a way down to her through the trees. It gave the girl just enough time to realize where she was, though, and the (e/c) eyed girl realized that the border was close. This creek went into the Falls, she could smell it.

                                                         She had taken her eyes away from the bird just long enough to give it time to grab her again, but (Y/n) was ready. She grabbed its leg and pulled herself up to its neck, hooking her arms behind its neck and positioning herself on its back. The creature screamed and launched them into the air, its wings flapping harshly on either side of (Y/n)'s body, trying to keep a tight hold on its torso. She could feel her fingers loosening with each mid-air thrash the bird offered, spinning and bucking itself, trying to grab at her legs with its own and snap at her with a humanoid mouth.

                                                           Rearing her head back, the girl dug her teeth into its wing and its wingbeats faltered painfully, a shrill sound escaping its throat. The crimson liquid dripped down her chin, the taste of something crossed between human and must flooding her tastebuds. It was thicker than normal, like syrup, and (Y/n) used everything she had not to let go. She needed to hold on. She felt herself slipping, her claws ripping through its flesh as it gave out. She was about to fall to her death, wasn't she? She blinked harshly, feathers clouding her vision as they both desperately tried to save themselves. It was obvious that the wounds the female had made weren't enough to kill it, but she would most certainly die. All because of this dumbass camping trip. Why couldn't she have just stayed home? Have left Stanley to fend for himself?

                                                             A cyan shimmer from a not-so-faraway mountaintop beckoned the (h/c) from behind her blurred vision. A sound like whistling tuning warmly against her eardrums. But it didn't sound like a hum from a mouth, more like something cutting through the air. With that thought (Y/n) brought her feet up and shoved the bird forward with a harsh urge, her heels turning the creature violently into a beam of blue flames. Brilliant azure lit up the night sky as it hit the humanoid avian, a thunderous sound that shook the creature below her. The blue fire was warm against the figure of the bird it had pierced, a rather sizable hole where its guts had once been. Although it was clearly burning up the obsidian feathers, the flickering light felt cool against (Y/n)'s skin. It was pleasant against the hot throbbing of her swelling hand, like a shower of cool water on a hot August day.

                                                            Where it touched felt less painful for a moment-- that was until gravity took hold of the only thing that had once been keeping her in the air, now a corpse. She shrieked and began to fall, letting go of the harpy's limp body, and an idea came to her. It hadn't used any powers so clearly she should have gotten something like flight from its blood, right? Throwing her arms out at her sides, (Y/n) willed herself to fly, spinning in the air and plummeting down toward the earth. But, as she tried harder, clutching onto her last hope of survival, she felt a sort of awareness spread across her back. A pair of large, (w/c) [Wing Color ;)] wings caught her falling form with a firm scooping motion at her sides. They flapped awkwardly at her sides and she spiraled down toward the base of the mountain the light had come from, missing a beat here and there.