"Hello, friend. I hope you don't mind all this, we had to cut your strings. Literally. Well, I guess half literally. The cutting part was literal, and the strings were metaphorical. Does that count as half literal? Who cares, it does now!" He laughed. He wasn't the tall one. He had brown, slightly curly hair, fairly thick stubble, and was also white, but not pale. His eyes were bright blue, and carried a constant twinkle. He had walked over my family's bodies and crouched in front of me, smiling widely. I didn't want to look up at him, but I did.

What he said made me so mad, but I didn't feel in control of myself.  I didn't feel detached from my body though, I consciously made each decision to make each move. I just didn't know why I was doing what I was doing.

He smiled at me and grabbed my chin.

"You're a little cutie, huh?" He was charming, and his complement actually felt good. Why one of my family's murderer's opinion of me mattered to me, I didn't know. Why I was letting him touch my face and say all those things, I didn't know. It just was.

"Stop toying with him already," The tall one said. His voice was demanding, authoritative, and oddly alluring. All of them were. It made no sense! What the hell was I doing!

I could see that in the face of the one touching me, he felt obligated to listen. His smile sank a little, and the charming twinkle in his eye disappeared briefly. He had looked away for a moment, but quickly returned his gaze to me. He again smiled, but this one was crocked, and more twisted.

"What's your name, cutie man?" I was thrown off by him asking me a question. I had to blink after observing everything for too long without blinking. I could feel my tears had stopped, and my body was still. I didn't feel numb like I was in shock anymore, either. It was as if I was perfectly okay with everything that was happening. The guys affected me so strangely, it didn't feel natural, but then again I felt completely normal, which was weird, given the circumstances.

"I'm Lucien," I said. Why I even spoke at all was beyond me.

"Hello Lucien, Agnus Dei." He spoke the gibberish after my name, as if a title. I didn't know how to react. What do you do in that situation?

His smile widened as he leaned closer and smelled my neck. He looked back up at me, looking satisfied with whatever he was checking for. I was scared he was some kind of vampire. That would explain why I seemed charmed in a sense by them. Plus, things were already bat-shit crazy. But he never bit me. I decided to stop guessing what was happening, because I was clearly far away from having any clue.

"We'll meet again, cutie," he whispered in my ear. What did that mean? I just wanted it all to be over. Of course that couldn't be.

Then, in his penultimate means of continuously shocking me, he leaned forward and began to kiss me. The most shocking part, however, was that my eyes fell shut and I kissed back. Passionately. He tasted like the greatest candy, and could kiss better then I'd ever imagined possible. The world around me disappeared behind a fog of lust. It was the greatest fog I'd ever been in. I found my arms reaching out to hold this man, who was still just gently holding my chin with one hand.

The fog faded quickly to blackness when I felt a thick, sharp pain in my chest. I moved my hands to feel what it was. I found he had lodged one of their scissor daggers into my chest right over my heart. I felt my body lose control as the blood rushed out. My eyes opened and my mouth gaped, as the man just chuckled. He waved his hand in front of my face with a smile as I fell back.

I was dying, and there was nothing I could do. It wasn't like I'd ever imagined. It didn't hurt; I didn't have my life flash before my eyes. My whole body was in shock. I just felt myself fading away.