William, Oh William. You Changed! (William)

Start from the beginning

I let go of his hand and I smelled his cologne. It was nice and brave, but closed in, like his personality.

"So, what is this meeting about, exactly?" I asked, as we started walking from the Round Pond onto the Broad Walk.

"It isn't actually a meeting, ____. I wanted to take a break with you for a change. You're the only person I actually tolerate there," William replied harshly.

"Well. That's nice, I guess. But
what about paper work? Or overtime? Or souls, or just the fact that you're being extremely hypocritical over someone you just-"

"I like being with you and you're my friend and colleague and I haven't had a break since I worked here. You haven't either. We both deserve one," William interrupted as he sighed.

"I was only kidding. I know you a little more than you think, Will~" I said, impersonating Grell for a moment at the end.

He didn't believe me.

"Please don't act like that moron. I prefer you," he said as he looked at me. He looked away and I stared at his gaze. He was looking out into the
distance and it almost seemed like the gods wanted me to see his beauty
while he stared at another one. He then smiled and looked at me as he
moved a little closer, due to the fact a woman was walking past us and needed to get by.

He had placed his arm around me when he moved closer towards me and smiled. He looked so much more handsome in this light. I was really proud. It was a nicer fall day. The sun was out, but it was still cooler compared to what I prefer.

"Sorry about that. She needed to get through and I didn't want confrontation," he said awkwardly as he still had his arm around me. I didn't mind. He was warm and I was cold. This dress was only a couple inches above the knee, so I was freezing anyway.

"It is fine. But I have a question for you, William," I said, looking up into his green and yellow eyes.

"What is it, ____?" He said with an eyebrow raised and a glasses push for even more suspicion.

"Why don't you smile more often? I never see you smile anymore," I asked.

He looked confused and a little sad at the same time, like if something was lingering above his head, like a cloud of sadness that rains upon his soul.

"Well, smiling gets you nowhere, especially in business. It makes you seem weak," he replied. It was obviously fake.

"I think that you can smile a little more, even if it makes your succession a little slower," I said, clearly knowing he was faking what he had said. I looked at him and smiled. I then started to bump hips and smile even bigger and more moronically and I actually made him chuckle.

I then grabbed his arm that was around me and held his hand, and
started to skip stupidly until he started to cry of laughter. I was
skipping so much that I lifted him a little. My strength had finally
come. I skipped and sang like an idiot and finally fell over onto my face.

Luckily my training from when I was young, taught me how to turn my head to the side.

I only had a few scratches on my cheek. The only problem is, is that since I was holding his hand, he fell a little too.

At this time, we were in the gardens, so it wasn't as bad of a fall for him.

But we started to laugh hysterically as we sat on the grass, with tears in our eyes and scratches on our faces.

I made fun of his glasses that got bent, and he started laughing at my cheek that got scratched up, and a bruise in a heart shape. (I had fallen on a baby toy block that was heart shaped).  I laughed and he did as well until we rolled on the grass and bawled our eyes out until we had no tears left.

I laid on his chest from laughing as I felt his shirt being wet from my tears. I got up and smiled again. Seeing that I had chipped a little bit of my tooth, barely noticeable for the common eye, but he did. He just stared and was quiet. He regained his composure and sighed, fixing his glasses and looking at me.

"I have to tell you something..., _____. It is important," he said with a serious expression.

"What is it?"

"I had sadly seen Ronald..., yes, Ronald, flirting with other girls. He
asked out a worker a while ago and I saw them going out yesterday. I am
not lying to you. You know I am not. He also has had a few one night
stands with some of the people on the list before he reaped their souls.
You can even confirm it with Grell. That moron has seen it too. Now, I
am telling you this not just because I am your friend," William said.

"A friend wouldn't have told me," I replied with tears in my eyes. It sounded like Ronald, but I thought he would never do that to me.
Even Grell knew?

"A friend should tell you!" William said angrily as he came closer to me. His face was scrunched up until it
softened. "____. I am not just a friend," he said as he wiped tears from my cheeks, "I am also an admirer of you." He paused before he finished, "and I have admired you to the point of affection. And as crazy as it is..., love, ____. Love."

"How do I-? Why are you telling me now?" I asked, baffled in disbelief of such betrayal.

"I didn't want to hurt you, but sometimes hurting can close a door of room that goes to nowhere, and open a new one that has opportunity," William said. He wrapped his arms around me and held me as I cried.

I guess I did have more tears left to spare.

I held William as I smelled his cologne and felt his warmth over me. I stopped crying in a few minutes, not wanting to start crying like Kim
Kardashian in a moment or so. I looked at him and smiled, saying,

"I'm sorry I cried. But now I'm ok," I said, my smile barely holding up. I was just trying not to ruin William's time. He asked to be around me because he wanted a break. Not some girl slobbering all over him.

He put his hands on my cheeks, making them warmer than they were before. "You should never be sorry for crying." He then brought himself closer as he gently pulled me into his lips.

I closed my eyes and felt warmth go through me. My hands shook as I held his.

We quickly let go, but he then held me in his arms.

We stared, eyes sparkling, noses hurting from the brims of our glasses
being pushed up too tight, we held each others hands and said,

"I love you."