Ah, The Saturday That Has Come

This is Saturday. Ah, Saturday. My first day off.

Usually Grim Reapers don't get this time off, but, I guess I do since I'm still in training.

It was an hour before 6, the time he was going to take me out. He didn't say where but I assumed he was picking me up. He never specified how he'd get me but I guess that is a thing he had figured out on his own.

Anyway! This was an hour before the date and I needed to get ready.

I was in my regular pajamas and I needed to find something nice for the occasion. I went into my room and rummaged through my closet.

All the dinky dresses I had before. I had short dresses that looked like they were made from curtains, long dresses that were ripped to look 'cool,' and to be a 'new style,' and other abominations that I could never be seen wearing. I grabbed all of the clothing that I hated and put it on my bed. It was almost everything in my closet for dresses.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a white garbage bag and labelled it, "donate." Some kid will need this dress for a blanket or for something to wear to feel special. The only dresses I had left were a few dresses my mother gave me before she died. They were beautiful but I never dared to wear them. My mom would be ashamed of what I had become.

When I was eighteen my mother died and I sort of went off the edge. My mother had big dreams and hopes for me to get into a great college and such and then she died and I never fulfilled the dream. I hated the thought of going to a big college with a bunch of prep kiddies and I completely hated her badgering me about it.

So I never went. I tried to hide it by saying I had some master plan but really I didn't. I didn't know what I was really going to do when the time came when I was going to go to college. I couldn't afford anything and my dad is not an answer. I stared at the dresses. The one dress I laid my eyes on was a beautiful satin dress that was blue. It matched my green eyes and it was beautiful. It was long and had jewels and it was the perfect size for me. My mother made this dress for her prom. She wanted me to wear it at mine but I was in a rebel stage and never went. I didn't have a great relationship with my mother. We would always fight and bicker and sometimes not speak for a while. It was really sad because we were actually in a great time in our relationship when my mother passed even though I was being a snob about college. Now I am in my room in my zebra socks and middle school sweatpants with a stained camisole and looking at a dress that was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. I would wear this for my mom to show her that I was being a good person. I wasn't rebelling and I was going to be a great person and possibly a wife and a mother. I would be just like her and I would always think of her.

I grabbed the dress and laid it on the bed. I was going to wear this dress.

I stripped out of my pajamas and put on the dress. I somehow zipped up the extremely long zipper on the back and I grabbed my makeup from the bathroom. I stood inside while I quickly put every type of product possible on my face and did even more than what I ever did. I was actually getting nervous this time. Why was I getting nervous? After I finished my makeup I brushed the hell out of my hair as I styled it the way I wanted it to look. I curled it, straightened it, and finally got to a decision. Both. It would be wavy and spiraled like a princess as I had the top part of my hair flipped from the left to the right. I looked at my hair.

I looked at myself and I realized; I needed accessories. I needed something.

A necklace? Bracelet? I didn't know.

So, I ran into my room again and I looked at my dresser that was discombobulated with a bunch of tangled necklaces on it. I grabbed the pile and looked at every charm. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nothing looked good. I looked at the bracelets and I saw the one that looked perfect but it was hard to look at. It was a bracelet that my father gave me for my sixteenth birthday. The one birthday he ever went to. The first time I met him. It was a beautiful necklace but I pretended I hated it so I could hurt him. He hurt me when he divorced my mother and went with a ratchet redneck woman. I smiled and then I shot him glares. But I looked at the necklace and it was beautiful. It would match this dress. It was really a marvelous bracelet. It was made of pure silver and it has opals all around it and it was shaped into the form of a rose.