"You'll be making the Masters their breakfast"

Danny looked at him in surprise.

"Really? Already?"

Alfred gave a crisp nod.

"I will supervise your work"

Danny took on a determined face as he went to work. Alfred talked while Danny made the breakfast giving him pointers on the Masters personal preferences.

Bruce took a seat at a long table. He had a long night and it didn't have anything to do with Batman this time. Just keeping up appearances was exhausting.

Maybe that's why he missed it when a new face delivered his paper and coffee.

Alfred shook his head at his Masters absent mindedness.

Damien made his way down the stairs. Upon seeing Bruce had gotten there before him, his face scrunched.

His thoughts of not "losing" to Bruce were interrupted by the sounds of Alfred barking instructions from the kitchen.

Damien moved swiftly. When he arrived upon the kitchen he saw a stranger.

Damien was so startled by the new face that he went defensive and threw a knife at him.

Danny just finished a batch of eggs when a ripple went through his entire body. Instinctively Danny held up a hand.

Damien stared in shock. The stranger had caught the knife!

"The house is no place for throwing blades young Master Damien"

Danny looked at his hand suddenly. His eyes darted to the culprit and he was startled to find young eyes staring back at him.

"Who is he?"

Alfred sighed, Damien had ignored his lecture.

"He is my apprentice"

Danny turned his head away from the strange kid and back on the meal he was creating.

"I shall go inform the other young Masters their breakfast is ready" Alfred said before walking out.

Damien studied the teenage kid. He seemed to be avoiding putting pressure on his left side. He must be injured in some way.

Sneering at the boy, Damien found his seat at the table. Soon, the other occupants sat down.

Danny had memorized whose meal was whose. He carried the trays expertly.

Thank God for those horrible waiter jobs he had gotten. Dicks eyes widened when he looked up and saw the kid.

"Your not Alfred" Tim remarked.

Bruce looked up and gently set down his cup.

"Pardon me for the late introduction" Danny said.

"My name is Daniel, though I prefer Danny, I am Alfred's apprentice" his formal language was perfected through multiple jobs he had worked.

And also Alfred's ceaseless nagging. Alfred walked in.

"Is this true?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, once he completes his training he will be performing most of the tasks. I saw him a fit candidate as he had saved my life Master Bruce" Alfred explained.

Bruce remembered that face, a quick flash of his memory revealed to him that it was the boy from the stolen weapons bust.

Bruce studied his face. He seemed slightly nervous.

In any case he didn't know about their family secret, that much was evident.

"He saved your life?" Bruce inquired. Dick opened his mouth but quickly shut it.