Chapter 4

It's Saturday and I'm wearing my best pink dress for the dance performance today. Since I know nothing about makeup one of the performers volunteered to do it. We had the same complexion so foundation and concealer. Her name is Melissa and she's dancing with Romy on stage today.

"You have the best skin, you know that," she compliments.

"I do what I can."

"Can you like text me the products you use?" Melissa is about two inches taller than me, standing at five six, beautiful brown hair with beautiful brown eyes and a beautiful smile.

"Sure, I'll send you the website and some at-home remedies for your skin."

"Oh my gosh thank you." She hands me a piece of paper with her number on it.

"How's it going?" Romy asks. My feelings of anxiety when he's around or when his name is spoken have disappeared.

"Great! Lillia is such a sweetheart." Melissa then walks out leaving Romy and I alone.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah," I nod. "How about you? How are you feeling? You're performing today."

"Yeah but it's nothing I haven't done."

"Yeah." I continuously nod, this feels a bit awkward. I'm starting to feel myself get uneasy again. My phone vibrates, multiple times. What the heck? I quickly grab my jacket and grab my phone. It's text messages from an unknown number.

You better keep your mouth shut and keep going how you're going with Romy.

He's mine.

I should've gotten rid of you too.

Well, fun. I clear my throat and try not to show any other reactions to the text messages. But I decide to text back.

Listen, I literally don't want him anymore. Keep him and leave me alone!

Instant reply, she is sick and obsessed.

Still hung up on something I said

You've been warned Back Off!

She needs a hobby or something. Like she can not be serious. I throw my phone next to me. I don't even want him back in my life. She needs a life, some therapy and a crazy other woman to beat her ass.

"What's got you down?" Melissa asks. I guess she's reading my expression. I don't even know what expression I'm portraying right now. Like Juliette needs hands put on her.

"Nothing, oh I was thinking, do you want to go shopping with me and do my makeup and maybe my hair like two saturdays from now?"

"I would love to, just tell me when we're going shopping and what time I shall do your makeup and hair"

"Great!"

"So what's the backstory with you and Romy? Clearly there is some history there. Are you the woman that made his accessory crazy?"

"Accessory?"

"Attached to his hip always around?

That makes me giggle. "I guess I was the other woman in their lives at one point. But she was always insane. Just got a few cute messages from her."

"Awe I remember my cute messages she sent me. Anyways, too bad he has an accessory."

"Stage in five," someone with a headset says.

Melissa nods. "Romy stage in five," Melissa yells. "Okay let me check your makeup. She turns my head, fabulous. You look fabulous. Here some gloss." She gets this pink tube out of her makeup bag and gently applies some gloss on my lips. "There you are perfect." She blows me a kiss and then gets herself ready.