Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication

Start from the beginning

Kazuma: "Why?"

Kieran: "Remember, not many people know that I'm Phantom remember?"

Kazuma: "Oh yeah... You're right."

Kieran: "Alright then, how exactly did you get on the Devil King General's bad side?"

Kazuma: "Okay look... It's not entirely my fault. Megumin was looking for some place to practice her Explosions. We thought the castle was a good idea since we imagined it being abandoned. I didn't know that it would belong to that Dullahan."

Kazuma was clearly irritated with that choice he and his party member made, though Kieran could understand that as he sighed.

Kieran: "You know, at least we're both getting a form of experience at least. Though how did you fair with your party? And are you still living in that pigsty of a stable?"

Kazuma: "Hey! I don't know how I got a useless Goddess, an Arch Wizard who only uses Explosions that is only used once a day, and a bloody masochist! And yes.. I'm still living in the stables..."

Kieran: "Well, you seem to attract a strange crowd."

Kazuma: "What about you? What's your party?"

Kieran: "Well... You see those two?"

He then points out Kiara and Millie.

Kazuma: "Them?"

Kieran: "Yep. Kiara is quite strong, though behind the scenes of her Adventurer visage, she can be a bit clingy... She's been like that towards my Phantom persona... She did teach me how to fight and discover how I should actually fight, so I ain't all that pissed off... Though I can't stand clingy people... As for Millie, she's really powerful as well. Luckily her chants are shorter than Megumin's, yet instead of being unable to move, if she uses too powerful of a Spell, she simply just falls asleep. I don't really know what's worse. A person who can't move that you can communicate with, or someone who simply falls asleep in the middle of a fight..."

Kazuma: "Your group doesn't sound as bad as mine though..."

Kieran: "I can imagine so. What adventures have you been on?"

Kazuma: "Not much due to that General... Most of the low level Quests were just unavailable due to his presence just scaring off most of the weaker monsters that are nearby."

Kieran: "I feel you on that one man... I had to deal with the more higher ones... Though I've technically discovered something in the process."

Kazuma: "That being?"

Kieran: "I have a strange luck on finding others who've been brought here from another world as well. I do my best to shrug it off, but I just keep encountering them. I know Kiara is summoned here by a Goddess, though she wouldn't remember which one... The owner here was also brought to this world, but to have a more relaxing life... Yet another one I somehow encountered was someone who managed to make a more... Business type of thing you could say, but he is currently excavating for some crystals that are quite valuable and not well known... So I wouldn't recommend going near those ruins if you go into the forests nearby..."

Kazuma: "For real?"

Kieran: "Yep."

Kazuma: "Though living life as an Adventurer and working here at this Inn at the same time... How do you manage this?"

Kieran: "Honestly, I sometimes question that myself. I live here for free as long as I help out around here, so working here isn't that bad as it does increase my social activities. I mostly go as Phantom when I feel like I need to as sometimes I need to get out of this environment."