Prologue

"Someday, Zelda, you are going to be a great leader."

The blonde little girl looked up at her mother with wide green eyes. "You think so, Mother?"

"I know. You have great power, Zelda. One day, you will be our light in a dark time."

"Figuratively, or literally?"

"Both."

Zelda looked at her hands. "I don't think I'm going to start glowing any time soon, Mother."

"In all due time, my daughter. When the time is right, it will be."

~<>~

Daruk clapped his hands together. "That's right, little guy! You get 'em!"

Young Link swung his wooden training sword, knocking the light staff out of his opponent's hands. Daruk leaned against the railing as the two in the training ground readied their positions and started again.

The sound of clicking heels and Urbosa joined Daruk at the rails. "Training again, I see."

Daruk nodded, glancing at the red-haired woman next to him. Coming from Death Mountain, he was part of a people called "Gorons"; 7-and-a-half foot giants of immense strength. He still wasn't used to the fact that Urbosa was 6'7, and had all the spirit of the Gerudo Desert where she came from. "Yeah. He keeps getting better and better. The whole Institution is in awe of him."

"I worry about him sometimes, "Urbosa's emerald green eyes followed Link's movements. "He's so young and I fear he isn't truly old enough to know what he wants."

"I never thought about that. But his parents must have sent him here for a reason. I mean, can't he just leave when he's older?"

"I suppose. Although that might not be as simple as you may think."

Confusion etched across his face, Daruk turned back to watching the young boy

~<>~

"Mipha, are you busy?"

Mipha set her pencil down and opened her bedroom door. "Of course not, Sidon. Is something wrong?"

"Well..." the five-year-old gave his eight-year-old sister a sheepish look. "My friend  got punched in the face."

"Oh no! Is he alright?"

"Yeah...but his parents are gonna think it's his fault if he comes home with a black eye. We were wondering if...if you could make it go away."

Mipha stared. "Sidon, you know what our parents have said about telling others!"

"Yeah, but I made him swear secrecy!"

She sighed. "I will not refuse those in need of my aid. Bring him here, please."

Sidon disappeared around the corner, reappearing a moment later with a small, blue-eyed boy with a prominent bruise. "A-are you M-Mipha?"

"Yes, I am," she knelt in front of him. "Looks like you got hit pretty bad."

"Y-yeah."

"What's your name?"

"K-Kayden."

"Well, Kayden, I can help. But you must keep what  you witness a secret, understand?"

He nodded vigorously. "Of c-course!"

"Alright then. Hold still." She held her hand above the bruise, willing the damaged veins to heal. His eyes widened at the blue glow emitting from her hand.