Chapter Three: The Clown Devil

Denji, now transformed into Chainsaw Man, scrambled the wrecked Ferris wheel tram for his penguin doll. Then, once he secured it in his arm, leaped from the Ferris wheel. He was now in hot pursuit of the Devil who'd taken his date away from him and was especially disrespected that the Devil had taken the woman away while they were sharing an intimate moment. Chainsaw Man yelled for the colorful Devil, which bounced joyfully from building to building.

The devil, a gigantic being the size of a building, was jovial in a sinister way. Its body had the appearance of a balloon animal, bending and twisting as it went from place to place in whatever motion it chose. Its face, though, was most horrific. No matter what the devil endured, its visage remained stoic and always retained a masked clown's smile. The earth beneath the enormous monster trembled with each stride it took.

"Keep running if you know what's good for you, coward!" The fiend yells boldly.

"Denji!" A girl's voice calls from behind him. She reveals herself to be Power. "Your blood boils... I've never smelt anything like it before." The Blood Devil says with hunger.

"What's gotten into you!" She demands to know. Chainsaw Man turns to face Power, glaring his sharp teeth and responding with a roar, running faster toward his targeted Devil. As he passed Power, Chainsaw Man hears her call "What's with the animal? Methinks I should have it!" Chainsaw Man didn't want to disclose the secret between Reze and himself to Power. He loved Reze and wanted to prove that he'd do anything for her, which meant even keeping a secret from his best friend as badly as he disliked to. Though he did not know why, Reze was scared of Makima, he didn't want Power to cause an issue between the two if she told. He burst forward from Power, closing in on his target.

"You'll regret fucking up my date, bounce house!" He squalls at the balloon-animal-esque Devil who sports an uneasy clown-masked face. The revving of chainsaws fills the formerly quiet night air, announcing that a battle is arye.

"Bounce house? Ahahaha!" The Devil laughs maniacally, the loud bellows make Chainsaw Man's ears hurt. Reze squirms in the grasp of the massive Devil, the laughter ringing in her eardrums making loops around her head. Quickly, she realizes who this is- the Clown Devil. He was under the same unit as her, which meant that her country had come to look for her.

"Chainsaw Man!" Reze squeals,

"You'll pay for taking my lady!" Chainsaw Man screams through his ringing ears, slashing at the rubber Devil only to be bounced back away from him as if he were a dodge ball thrown into a wall. The devil begins to giggle once more, before breaking out into a bellowing chuckle once more. Chainsaw Man's ears begin to ring, and he starts to become dizzy.

"Don't make him laugh!" Reze begs Chainsaw Man, it was her last hope to depend on him since she could not escape the devil's grasp. The clown's echoing laugh made her dizzy and sick to the stomach. "Why are you here for me?" She demands to know through her diminishing condition.

"To take you back home, we miss you!" The Clown Devil bellows,

"You don't miss me!" Reze spits, "You miss how blindly faithful I was to the Soviets!" She knew now what it was like for someone to see who you were. Being with Denji had made her realize that. She had learned what true companionship was by being with him. She knew what it meant to have someone see you for who you are. Not what you were. The only reason the Union missed her was for the good she could do for them, as the bomb fiend. Not who she was as Reze.

"Ah well, it's missing you all the same really." The Devil snickers at her reasoning, looking down to his feet at the Chainsaw Man slashing at him but bouncing back to no avail. It tickled the inflatable Devil. He impishly chuckles, twisting his balloon arm into a rubber mallet; "And I will finish your mission since you've obviously failed!"