CHAPTER 2

Monday 7am

Lisa's P.O.V

"Why are you in my room again?" I muttered tiredly, burying my face cozily back onto the pillow in any attempt to go back to sleep and avoid a conversation. It had been like this all weekend, I'd tried to spend some time relaxing in my new room but was constantly interrupted by people attempting to talk.

"Your dad asked me to wake you up. I guess you slept through your alarm." Jennie said, sitting on the edge of the bed and checking the alarm clock on the bedside table with a puzzled expression.

I glared at her grumpily but she just smiled. "I didn't sleep through it, I never set it in the first place. Goodnight."

She laughed lightly, placing the alarm clock down and running her hand along the fabric of the duvet. "You know I tend to set like 10 alarms, each like 5 minutes apart. It makes me have to wake up so it's a good system."

"Congratulations? Bye." I muttered, turning away to face the wall.

"Lisa, you need to get up or we'll be late. Why haven't you unpacked your bags yet?" It had been 2 days since I'd arrived in Seoul and my bags were still sat beside the door as if ready for me to leave again.

Jennie had spent much of yesterday bringing me snacks and trying to initiate a conversation between us for some reason as I'd hardly left my room since arriving here. I still didn't understand why she lived here as it wasn't her family and she didn't like to talk about her own personal life. Although Jia was her guardian, Jennie was now in her final year of university so could have been living on campus or renting a private property. There didn't seem to be a reason why she wanted to stay here.

"Because I don't intend to stay and I'm not going with you this morning." I whined back but Jennie just chuckled.

"You know this grumpy morning attitude is quite sweet." She said, playing with my hair that sprawled on the pillow.

I quickly turned over to glance at her in utter confusion. "What? No it isn't!"

"Well that got your attention. Now come on, get up." She laughed, wandering across the room, opening the curtains and letting in a blaze of sunlight.

I closed my eyes again as she walked away, muttering under my breath. "I've known you for 2 days and you're already ruining my life."

"So dramatic~" She sang as she left my room. After sighing countless times, I begrudgingly got out of bed and began to get ready to start what felt like a never-ending day.

After showering and changing into something comfortable to wear, I grabbed my bag and phone putting in my earphones to drown out the world with music. It was more relaxing to me that way. I glanced in the mirror, checking my reflection before eventually wandering downstairs.

 I glanced in the mirror, checking my reflection before eventually wandering downstairs

"Good morning Lisa. Did you sleep well?" My father's fiancé asked as she finished serving breakfast. I was greeted by the smell of freshly cooked eggs and toast. My father was sat at the end of the dining table reading a newspaper as a plate was set out for me. There was a platter of healthy fruits in the center of the table Jennie sat beside me and poured a glass of juice. I ignored her, instead reaching for the coffee pot and pouring a mug for myself.