Part 14: Johan being OOC

Start from the beginning

He hesitated for a while, leaving her unanswered.

"You'd be a great friend if we're in the same high school, you know", she continued to mutter, not even caring if he answered her or not. "Do you have many friends?", he finally broke the silence. "Hm? For the first time ever, yes, but I'm not sure if they treat me as their friend though", she squeezed his waist, "I mean, I did just recently entered their life and all.....might as well still be an acquaintances".

"What about that guy at the convenient store?", he asked while taking a peek of her from the side-view mirror. She noticed it and gave him an eye-smile, "well I wanna be his friend". He continued focusing on riding his bike and never spoke a word until they arrived at the apartment.

The valet took the keys from Johan's hand while the hotel receptionist informed (Y/n) about the food delivery to her apartment room. She looked at Johan who was talking to the valet before sighing to herself, "have you finished making extra key cards?", she asked while looking straight at the receptionist. The receptionist smiled at her and gave her an envelope, "we made sure to make an extra key card, so there will be a total of 5 extra key cards".

"splendid!", she took the envelope and checked it. A notification from her phone startled her, making her check her bag to take out her phone. Her eyebrow furrowed together, "why am I not surprised that he knows I'm here already". "excuse me?", the receptionist asked, confused at the sudden reaction. "who are you talking about, (Y/n)?", Johan interrupted as he was this close to peek through her shoulder. She heaved out a sigh, "it's Gun, he said 'since I'm here already, I should tell you where Johan'll stay'". He nodded his head before carrying whatever that seemed like heavy and it was her bag.

The two headed to the elevator while (Y/n) had an evident frown, 'what is wrong with this guy? Why is he picking a fight all of a sudden?'. Johan, who noticed her expression, decided to just keep silent and opened the apartment door with the keycard in his hand. He led her in while (Y/n) had a call with Gun through her phone.

She sighed and rummaged through the plastic to take out the fried chicken and placed it into the microwave for a few second, she covered her phone to look at Johan, "you don't mind if I re-heat it right?". He nodded his head with a worried smile as he mouthed, 'is everything okay?', to her. She grinned back at him and mouthed, 'he's just cranky', which made the boy stifled a laughter. She turned her back on him and continued the call, "aren't you supposed to be busy right now working with Crystal?".

"She's... tch".

"Heeeh~ by the way I was actually wondering you know, since you're working at night as Crystal's bodyguard and in the morning as mine, so when exactly do you sleep?"

"....When you're at school".

"Fair enough, see you tomorrow morning then, wake me up tomorrow just in case I slept in again and lastly.... Stop being cranky over Johan, good night~".

She hung up and finally took out the fried chicken, "let's eat~", she chimed and carried the heated fried chicken onto the table across the television, "eat up, Imma take the soda from the fridge". After taking the soda from the fridge, she turned her head to look at Johan only to see him already consuming half of it. She couldn't help but stilfe her laughter. She rested one cold soda can on his stuffed cheeks, making the guy shivered and jolted away.

"Eat slowly, Johan, I can always order more", she smiled while watching him shyly stuffed the food again, 'what a cutie', she thought to herself while sipping the can of soda in her hand.

"Um", he started.

She hummed in response while still watching him. His face flushed red, "is there something on my face?". "What do you mean?", she rested her chin on her palm as she still had her eyes glued to his features. "You're staring at me", he implied. Her lips slowly formed a small smile as her eyes smiled as well, "that's cuz you're such a cutie".

Hearing the words coming out from her lips, make him choked on his food as he started coughing. (Y/n) quickly pour water in an empty glass before making sure he drinks it, "there there, I told you to slow down", she warned him while lightly stroking his back. He twitched under her touch and his face was still red with the sudden compliment that he had never received before.

"Oh before I forget and Gun starts complaining, this is the keycard to my apartment so keep one with you and this one is the keycard for your place, you'll be staying in the apartment right next to mine", she showed him an envelope and showed her keycard and his keycard, "I'm gonna go sleep first since I have school tomorrow", she got up from her seat and looked at him.

"Aren't you going to eat the chicken?", he asked carefully. "Eeh~ it's fine, I ordered it for you anyway", she went to the door and peeked at him for the last time tonight as she rested her hand on the door and smiled sweetly to him, "good night, Johan".

As soon as the master bedroom's door shut close, Johan banged his head on the table making a loud thud and one can only see his steaming red ears.