Part 13: Like a Breeze

[miru's note:~ early? Yes! Just wanna publish an early chapter because I wanna promote this song, it's such a banger of a song btw🙈]

(Y/n) was already in her sports attire as she and Johan went to the apartment's gym. Gun simply stayed in her apartment, revising the contract and omitting a few terms while discussing virtually with the Chairman. "Hei Johan, you've worked out before, right? Can you help me out a bit just in case my posture is bad", she asked while setting down a mat and started doing plyometric pushups. He squated next to her and rest his hand on her stomach, "try to keep your abs and core tight".

She followed his footsteps and he started counting while she did a pushup. "Are you trying to learn how to fight?", he asked in a curious tone. (Y/n) struggled to even utter a word, she huffed, "unfortunately yeah, uncle kept on pointing out how w-weak I am...haah". Johan rose an eyebrow, "why would you need to work out if you're hiring a bodyguard? 2 bodyguards at that".

She lied down on the mat and stared up at him, "if uncle deemed me as useless, I'll be dead in no time". He stared back at her, 'useless? What is going on? Is she the same as me...?', he then helped her up, "I'll teach you some techniques that I know". "Really?? Yay!", she cheered and grinned widely. He looked around and spotted a spacious place to practice.

He checked around and found head gears and boxing gloves, "here put this on", he looked at her and sighed as he helped her putting on the head gear, "now follow my stance, this is a basic stance that could help you easily attack and defend". (Y/n) followed in suit as she was indeed a fast-learner.

Her lesson with him spent around an hour and she had fun as Johan himself did enjoyed teaching a student like her.

"Contract's finish, go wash up (y/n)", Gun intruded their friendly fight. The two looked up at Gun before Johan nodded his head and helped her put away her head gear and boxing gloves. (Y/n) was sweating a lot after practicing boxing, she wiped the sweat on her neck with her small towel and panted, "sure, but after he sign the contract I need to get something to eat".

"About that... the chairman would like to have a dunch(dinner + lunch) with you, he already texted you the location.. you can go there after you wash up, I'll discuss things with your bodyguard in your room", Gun bluntly replied before walking away, the two followed him back to her apartment. After Johan read the contract thoroughly, he had realized that he would not only be guarding her as a bodyguard at night, but he was also ordered to become the leader of one of the 4 crews. The contract also mentioned that she should not be harm nor harmed throughout this contract regardless if she got hurt while she is not under his watch.

Finally finishing washing up, she wore a crop top sweat shirt and a casual jeans. Gun sighed to himself, 'of course she'd be wearing comfortable outfits'. (Y/n) walked over to the signed files on the table and smirked, "pleasure to be working with you, Johan Seong", she held out a hand to him. Johan smirked back and shook her hand with his, "the pleasure is all mine, (Y/n)".

She smiled sweetly and chuckled, before looking around for her phone, "ah here it is, Gun are you sending me there?". "A given", he stood up from his seat, "you can start doing your work, Johan Seong, remember your schedule... I dislike to keep reminding people", he clicked his tongue and strode away. (Y/n) grabbed her sling bag and waved a goodbye to Johan as she also left him alone in her apartment.

Upon arriving to the sushi restaurant, (y/n) entered one of the private room and greeted the chairman, "good afternoon uncle~", she grinned as she went over to him and gave him a light hug. "How was your day?", he asked with a small smirk. She sat across of him and grinned widely as she saw the food, "can I eat while I tell you? Cuz I'm hungry". He laughed, "sure go ahead".

The day went on filled with him laughing at her way of story telling and her choices of words. Moreover, he was amazed at the fact that it was easy and fast for her to persuade Johan to become her bodyguard. He also told her about Crystal's progress. The next thing you knew it was already past 7, "thank you for the food! I need to go back home and check the convenient store". "So soon?", he raised an eyebrow at her. "Duh~ I need to see how good Johan guards from afar, don't want him meeting someone he knows while I'm there", she muttered the last sentence to herself as she got back up and walked out of the sushi restaurant to see Johan waiting on a motorbike.

Little did she know, he heard her words.

She smiled up at him, "let's go~". "To?", he asked as he hand her another helmet. "Dandan", she giggled and laced her arms around his slim torso, "it's at the convenient store that I might frequent", he could tell that she was smiling through her voice. He nodded his head, "just give me a heads up if we're almost there, I'll drop you off a few meters away". She giggled and squeezed his torso lightly, "you're such a fast learner, Johan". Johan flinched at the sudden squeezed before he cleared his throat and started his bike.

(Y/n) simply rested her head on his shoulder to watch the street, all the while she was listening to his calm heartbeat. It was like music to her ears, reminding herself that Johan is real, and the characters in this Lookism world are real. "Hey Johan, when you get older... what would you like to be?", she asked. He spared a glance at her through the side mirror, he was hesitant at first before slowly replying, "... I just want to be able to.. support mom for the longest time..", he cleared his throat again, "what about you, (Y/n)?".

She smiled, "why the sudden curiosity?". He started stuttering, "h-huh? But... you". She laughed out loud, "I'm just joking around..... wanna know a secret?". He didn't replied. "What I really wanna do is to wake up to reality and meet my mom again", she sighed to herself in the end. 'Is she talking about dying..? At this age..?', Johan had a distraught look on his face, he parted his lips slowly, "why are-?", however before he could even finish his words, (Y/n) interrupted his words.

"Stop, we're here", she lightly tapped his shoulder and he slowly halted his bike. (Y/n) pointed to a distance and opened her helmet, "that's the place, if there's any urgent matters, wear a cap and a mask to enter and meet me, that's only if you cannot contact me at all-! oh wait!! I reckon you to stay up in a building rather than down here and as for the bike..", she took out a sticker that looked similar to HNH company's brooch, "there, now no one would dare to steal this bike".

After that, she waved him goodbye as she skipped over to the convenient store to see Daniel in his original form. She smiled brightly at him and waved hello, "good evening Dandan", she greeted making the male surprised at her presence. "Can I have my dinner here and maybe have a short work out to keep you company?", she continued to asked him while looking for any ramyun that makes her appetite increase.

Daniel awkwardly laughed while looking up from the counter, "of course you can... (Y/n), right?". She grinned widely and nodded, "great!", she continued to look around and ended up choosing neoguri ramyun, imitation crab and cheese sticks, she then grabbed milkis and brought it to the counter to let him ring it up.

"So umm... what's the occasion? For suddenly eating dinner here?", Daniel asked as he started to heat it up for her instead. She followed him from behind with a gentle smile drawn on her lips, "well~ I actually live alone in my apartment, so it's kinda boring to eat alone". He looked at her form his peripheral vision, "then I hope you don't mind me asking.. But how come you live alone?".

She leaned on the wall and waited for him, 'I guess he wanted to make sure that this is a different him, huh?', she finally replied, "I was from abroad and the only relative I have here is my uncle, but he's just a distant relative of mine~ it'd be weird if I stayed with him anyway, how about you Dandan? You said before that you stayed with Big Dandan right? How's living with him so far?", she smiled at the end of her word.

Hearing her question made him halt his movement, he thought carefully of his words before replying, "me and him don't usually eat together since I work at night and he goes to school in the morning, but he's friendly!", he finally finished heating it up and placed it on the counter top with a high chair for her. "Must be nice to have someone around, like we could say 'I'm home' to them every time we arrived back home", she smiled to herself thinking about her mother.

He couldn't help but stare at her solemn face.