𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈

Depuis le début

So, Lucas invited Max to a candlelight dinner at a chic, upscale restaurant in downtown Dallas. At the moment, he was riding his Harley to her house, wearing a beige suit and a light blue shirt that was faded at the neck, revealing the thin silver chain he usually wore. Extremely elegant, but certainly not an appropriate outfit for riding a motorcycle.

However, these weeks of Max were not so different from those of Lucas. Her mind had posters of him on the walls of her brain - she thought about him all the time, too. It acted like a repellent to the bad memories that were stubbornly buried in the back of her mind.

Whenever she was with him, her heart beat as fast as if she was running a marathon. Whenever she heard his voice on the other end of the line, the muscles in her face tightened into a smile. He made her feel like the teenager she hadn't stopped being. He awakened her joyful youth that had been inactive for so long. She had found someone who motivated her to get up in the morning.

And right now she was fixing her earrings in front of her bedroom mirror. She sprayed a little of her sweet Dior perfume on her wrists and behind her ears. Straightened her wavy hair once more. She had no idea if she looked presentable, but she knew Lucas would compliment her whether she was wearing makeup and a dress, or sweaty and stuffed into an old-fashioned uniform. That thought made her smile in front of the mirror, feeling nervous and anxious.

She heard the doorbell ring. Grabbed her bag and hurried downstairs. She looked out the window and saw that it was Lucas. But stopped in front of the door. She let it ring again. She couldn't look desperate and extremely excited to see him. After all, she had a reputation to uphold. Finally, Max opened the door and gave him her best smile.

It was a pleasant evening, but not enough to make Sinclair sweat. Nonetheless, it was happening. Sinclair observed as Max held up the emerald green knee-length dress that accentuated her waist, with sleeves falling below her bare shoulders. With each step, she placed a black high heel on the ground, buckled around her ankle.

As he neared Max, he noticed her long, mascara-darkened lashes and dark red lipstick. And also the beautiful pearl earrings she wore glistened on her ears. It's such a shame she'll have to take them off later.

Without saying a word, Lucas took her hand and kissed the back. Max threw her head back and chuckled, finding the gesture both formal and exaggerated, yet also warm.

"Shall we?" Sinclair asked, bowing as he presented the Harley, inviting Max to go ahead. They giggled with amusement and eagerness as they donned their helmets and took their seats on the motorcycle.

The sound of the engine definitely stirred the peaceful neighborhood, leaving behind a plume of black smoke.

Their elegant clothing flaps in the wind as he skillfully weaves between the cars on the road. The bright headlights and red brake lights illuminate his path. As he passes the congested bridge, Lucas feels a sense of superiority as he effortlessly glides past the line of cars.

The neighboring river flows dark and resembles a black sheet, gently rippling in the wind. Max held onto Lucas tightly as he accelerated, fearing for her life. Yet, she couldn't help throwing her arms in the air and screaming with excitement as they entered a tunnel. Lucas was clearly concerned for her safety, slapping Max's thigh to encourage caution, a gesture Max initially misinterpreted.

After this exhilarating journey, they finally arrived at the city center. They found a suitable parking spot, hoping that Lucas would not face any repercussions for his actions. Walking home was not an option. They removed their helmets, breathing a sigh of relief.

"What was that slap?" Max asked after getting off the motorcycle, rubbing her completely chilled bare skin.

"It was a warning to be careful. I didn't want you to fall backwards, that's all." After explaining his motives, of course, Lucas the Gentleman removed his beige jacket and draped it over the girl's back, who in turn thanked him sincerely, taken by surprise.