THREE[Disarray]

[Behind Closed Doors]
[CHAPTER THREE]

Thea smiled as she hugged her mother, showing up for the event so that she could be there for her. "Mister Steele, the auction is going to start in five minutes," The hostess spoke up as she joined the three of them. "Please make sure you have your bid ready," She smiled.

"Thank you, Jenny," Walter smiled as the smaller woman walked off. "Shall we?" He asked the two Queens before freezing, Thea was the next to freeze when a familiar citrus and musk scent filled her sense of smell. "Mister L/n, fancy seeing you here,"

"Mister Steele, it's a delightful surprise seeing you," Y/n's deep voice echoed against Thea's ears as she watched the large figure stop by the three of them as he extended his hand out towards Walter.

"Let me introduce you to Missus Moira Queen and her daughter..."

"We've already met," Y/n cut the older man off as he watched people start moving out. "Pleasure seeing you again Missus Queen," He paused momentarily before turning his gaze towards the younger Queen. "Thea," He gave her a slight nod.

Thea could see the difference between this Y/n and the one from the party with ease, looking at his warm expression and bright eyes right now was far different from the dark and cold expression from that event. "Y/n,"

"Mister L/n," Another voice called out as Thea watched another man walk over and throw his arm over Y/n's shoulder, for a brief moment she watched his eyes cloud over but within a blink, they returned back into their lively self.

"Last time I checked in the mirror," Y/n chuckled as he looked at the older man, at this point Y/n realised that every man in this building would be older than him and yet he was probably more mature and richer than them.

"I've been looking all over for you..."

"How unfortunate because I have been avoiding you," Y/n chuckled as the man let out a deep laugh, his fat belly bouncing as he ran a hand through his brown and grey beard. "I do hope you enjoy yourselves, Mister Steele," Y/n raised his glass of champagne to Walter. "Missus Queen," He looked at Moira before his eyes landed on Thea once more. "Thea,"

Thea was sure that she might have been imagining it but she could have sworn that his stare meant more than just a farewell and was more of a warning, warning her to be careful but she shook her head as she watched him walk away with the older man. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that our dear Thea has captured the eye of Y/n L/n," Walter joked as the three of them walked with the crowd.

"Thankfully you do know better," Moira spoke rather dryly as she glanced back at the young L/n before looking over at Thea to find that her daughter was also watching Y/n but with a different expression on her face as she did so, more like she had finally relaxed. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Thea smiled at her mother as they walked out of the room.