Maybe she's right.

Still, I got a kick out of the expression on her face when I told her I would be studying law at Brown University. However, it wasn't completely a lie. Obviously, the studying law part was a lie, but wanting to go to Brown wasn't. Brown is my dream university, and I've always wanted to go there. I've even applied for early decision. However, the look on the faces of people like Aaron's mom makes me believe that going to Brown is nothing more than a dream.

Eventually, I have the outfit off, and I'm wearing Aaron's t shirt which is big, and reaches well below my thighs. I bring my nose to the soft fabric and inhale deeply. It smells of deodorant and warm chocolate.

I hesitate walking out of the bathroom as I remember Aaron's naked torso. What if he's still out there? What if he's still shirtless?

I take a deep breath and open the door. Aaron is lying down on his bed, dressed in a pair of blue pajamas which I recognize as the ones that were folded on his bed earlier. His glasses are no longer on his face, but he is reading some book on advanced chemistry, and he looks really adorable with his face scrunched up as he tries to understand.

He sits up as soon as he sees me, and instantly, he flushes red.

"You look... wow you look nice."

I laugh. "I didn't look nice all dressed up but now I look nice?"

"Hey you looked nice in the other outfit, just not yourself. But this, this makes you look like... you."

I look into his eyes and see nothing but adoration there. My heart does a little flip inside me, and I find that I am smiling from ear to ear.

Why am I reacting like this?

I sit on his bed and take the book out of his hand.

"Moles, stoichiometry, organic chemistry....", I read out while flipping through the book. Aaron doesn't try to get it back, just watches me as I go through random chapters.

"Kayla, I need to read", he says weakly, but his heart isn't into it.

"No you don't. No boy wants to study while their girlfriend is in their room."

I expect Aaron to point out that we are only fake dating, but instead, he runs his hands through his hair, his face deep in thought.

"We could watch a movie?", he half suggests, half asks.

"Of course. But I get to pick"

"Oh no you don't"

He scrambles for the remote on his desk, but I'm closer and I grab it a fraction of a second before he does. His hand lands on mine, brushing against the finger where I wear my ring, and suddenly his face becomes sober.

"My mom shouldn't have said that about your ring", he says.

I frown. Aaron's mom talking trash about my mom's ring had really pissed me off but I had only managed to keep my temper in check because I didn't want to embarrass Aaron in front of his parents.

"It's ok Aaron", I start to say, but he shakes his head.

"She shouldn't have said that. It was... a really messed up thing to say. Especially since your mom gave it to."

"It was a messed up thing to say, but you don't have to apologize for it."

"No I do", he insists. "I should have said something to her."

He really thinks I wanted him to argue with his mom over me? My heart melts a bit.

"Aaron, you've already helped me so much. You've beat Jason up twice already since we started... dating." I was going to say 'our arrangement', but dating sounds better.

Aaron smiles. "You bring out the reckless side in me. You're like some venomous poison, taking away my calmness anytime I'm near you."

Is this boy a poet? Or does he have a script somewhere titled 'How to Make a Girl's Heart Melt'? Because if so, it's working.

"Speaking of venom", I say, spoiling the mood because I excel at doing that, "I've thought of a movie we should watch."

"Venom", he says, and I smile.

"Yep. Today I introduce you into the world of marvel."

I scroll through movie sites till I finally find one where we can watch Venom for free.

Aaron and I snuggle under his blankets and watch the movie.

I don't say anything about how he isn't wearing his glasses, but he can see all the details quite clearly.

His hand is still in mine, but I don't say anything about that either.