xxviii.

STYLE ── twenty-eight

"𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐧,𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝"— this love, taylor swift

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝"
— this love, taylor swift

Carlos spent the entire week by the phone. At first it was more like a precaution— to make sure that if someone sent him a text about Juliette's state he'd know right away or if she needed him. Then, he saw that she was already out of the hospital and flying to NYC, meaning she wouldn't be there for the next GP.

It'd been only a day since she left to hospital, so he thought to himself: "that's fine. She's probably just tired". Still, he slept with his phone right next to him after making sure that his notifications were on (just in case). Still, Juliette never contacted him that week.

And even though he tried to pretend he was cool with it, Carlos would sit by his phone's side even while it was charging. He knew she needed space to recover and solve her relationship with Charles, but he couldn't help but want her to call him and tell him how she was doing, that she needed him, that she wanted to see him as badly as he did.

When Carlos was finally losing hope that she'd come around, his phone suddenly rang while he was brushing his teeth. He'd never in his life spit out the toothpaste as fast as he did that day, answering the phone without even a second ring. By the time Juliette finally said something, he was already edgily sat on his bed, waiting for her.

"Hey." She greeted with a tone that sounded somewhat relieved.

"Hey. How are you doing?" Carlos breathed out softly. It was still Juliette— his Juliette.

"I'm fine. Lando calls me everyday to make sure I'm taking my medicine and Daniel threats cooking for me if I don't."  Juliette chuckled once Carlos let out a loud laugh as well.

"Poor thing."

"I know." She agreed with a cheerful laugh when they suddenly fell into a comfortable silence. "Listen, I— I want to see you and get things clear. I'm trying to start fresh in my life and I don't want us not to talk."

"Me too. Not talking to you kills me."

"Can we meet at our spot?"

"You mean today?" Carlos' eyes widened and his heart flustered with excitement at the possibility of seeing her again.

"If that's okay with you. I flew to Madrid, I'm at Ella's place, don't worry." He could already see Juliette nervously bitting her lip as she waited for an answer, even though it was more than obvious to him.