xx.

STYLE ── twenty

"𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝"— champagne problems, taylor swift

— champagne problems, taylor swift

Ever since the night of her fight with Carlos, the panic attacks became something recurring in Juliette's life again. They'd come at the most unexpected hours— after she showered, before she fell asleep, after doing an interview or hanging out with her friends.

It was like she was 18 once again, afraid of moving to a big city and realizing that she didn't fit in, or when she was 22 and took in accountancy her commitment issues and would push everyone away. She didn't want it to happen— she didn't want to be afraid to let someone in or lose friends because of it.

Believe her, if she could, she'd run back to Carlos, but she knew that he deserved more than that, that she had to get herself back together in the first place. So, for the next weeks, she'd try to avoid him and make sure not to hurt him any more than she already did.

After the Dutch GP, though, there was a huge break that gave her enough time to go wherever she wanted. Just not home, she thought to herself before shutting the thought off. And, with that, she went to what was supposed to be her home, to the place that in fact was home for 18 years.

It'd been almost a year since Juliette had visited her parents in the small countryside town she was born and raised in South England. In the meantime, her parents would eventually call and make comments about her latest videos. They were never one for big surprises or displays of affections and Juliette figured she was cool with it.

Seeing Mr. and Mrs. Edwards it was clear they were her parents. Juliette had gotten her mother's big, blue eyes and round cheeks, while her chestnut hair came from her father. Her personality, though, was a bit different. Don't get her wrong, her parents were equally, if not more, hardworking, rational and determined. But sometimes she thought they were too grounded to routine— living in the same house ever since their marriage, working 11 months a year, seeing their daughter once a year.

"Hi, Mom." Juliette smiled to the older woman, passing her arms around Elsie Edwards' body and feeling as the woman tensed at the touch, not used to physical affection. "Uh, nice to see you." She cleared her throat, feeling suddenly awkward at the fact she was more affectionate with her friends rather than her own mother.

"Come on, get in." The woman simply replied, acting weird as well.

It was unbelievable for Juliette at how little had changed ever since her visit last year— or her whole life, basically. All the mobiles had always been the same and the only difference she spotted in the living room was the TV being changed for a more modern one. Not even one portrait had been changed— not when Juliette graduated or when she made it to TV, absolutely nothing.