Frances' Book

LeFray Institution, 1891

Splat

Pages spilled from the covers, Frances Glenn sat to herself in a dark corner of the Grand Library. Fine black locks were framed in between ominous yellow orbs messily, her frail figure not doing her justice as she could barely put herself on the chair without discomfort. She pulled aside an undone lock of her hair. She looked to the left of her, noticing the grand oak clock,

1:34 AM

She sighed, even knowing that it was a Saturday. The studying was the last of her worries, as she had better things to worry about. She went to one of biggest, if not the biggest, School for the Mystical Wonders. For it is a School for exceptionally gifted children, like herself, or so they said. She heard from her fellow Instructor that she was dropped off when you was just a mere babe, and the rest was a mystery. The young woman sat to herself, anxiously flipping through her workbooks that sat at an impressive 2 feet. Her Hands we're draped in front of her face, as if it was a curtain, to hide from her shame of not having her other abilities discovered.

A Book fell from the top shelf, and directly hit her head with a thump. She was knocked out of her chair as the book directly hit her, which received a blow to her lower back. She heard a giggle, she turned around with anguish in her eyes. 

"Always having a head in the book, huh?" Frances then let out a huff, rolling her eyes at the person who was still laughing. The Person, was Frances' closest friend, Lillian, who was just a year older than she was. She had thin blonde locks, which often look dehydrated, with jet black orbs that looked as if they stared into your soul. She has the gift of the witch of umbra, as her fingers to her forearms we're black. So anything she would knew in Latin, she could do. That's all Frances knows of her powers, as Frances always receives migraines from her friend trying to read her mind, usually for test answers. Lillian then started to choke as her silver necklace started to strangle her. The small diamonds that were engraved in her necklace started to break, as the necklace followed pursuit, as small pieces fell to the ground. Lillain slapped her friend from the back of her head.

"That was 500 dollars!" Frances just couldn't stop laughing as she rubbed the back of her head from the slap. The other girl gracefully picked up the remnants of the the necklace, and sat beside Frances. Fine leather caught Lillian's eyes that was grasp from her friends lithe fingers. 

"Really, Frank? You already did three 'prep'" Her friend emphasized with her middle and point finger, "Tests and got an S+? give it a rest god" Frances rolled her eyes with a huff to respond to her friends snarky remarks. 

"You can never be too sure, and besides, I have to be the best since I'll be the future ruler of the infinity." Lillian's eyes turned to her friend, although her body didn't do that same. Frances noticed this with a hand holding her weight from getting out of the chair and scurrying with her books, to grab her other books from the cedar desk to the right of them.

"You know, If I ace this test again, I could be the first to learn at other schools, like wizard ones, I saw Illvermorny and-" Lillian went in to briefly interrupt her.

"Well you're excited to be leaving me behind." She softly added, while toying with one of the diamonds that escaped from her necklace. Frances almost slouched from the ludicrous she was hearing from her friends. As she walked back to her seat, she said to her friend,

"Now come on, It'll be like dual classes. I'll be there day, and I'll be here night. I'll just use portals to go." She said with a smile. 

"Why do you always have to be so perfect Frank?" Lillian's palms we're holding her head with a sigh.

"Because I can, you coot!" Frances lightly flicked a few strands of her hair for dramatics. She'd open her bag to find some sweets. A bright yellow can of sugared black pudding was in her grasp. Lillian raised a brow at her friend's antics.