Prologue

_______________________________________________

The screen started to play a scene. They all looked towards the screen with anticipation.

When I opened my eyes, I was inside a novel.

[The Birth of a Hero].

Everyone looked at the screen startled. "So you're telling me that we all are characters from some novel?" Archie voiced out not being able to believe his eyes.

"Mm. Not really. It was more like a guide book for me provided by God of the death before I set foot in this world." Cale answered without looking back at the people who looked at him.

"Is that why you always knew about everything?" Alberu asked. He wondered if this was the reason this bastard was always several steps ahead from everyone because he had read novel which stated their future.

"Not really. I could only manage to read till volume 5 before I ended up waking up here." Cale said as if it was not some big deal. Alberu's jaw dropped. No it literally dropped. 'Bastard that is more impressive.' He thought and looked at Cale as if looking at some peculiar creature.

The others too had quite literally the same kind of reaction as Alberu. 'Amazing.' They all collectively thought. Eruhaben shook his head at his child. 'Unlucky bastard.' He was certain that this red head was more unlucky than he had actually thought.

They all looked back at screen again and it started playing the scenes with words like subtitles.

[The Birth of a Hero] was a novel focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent.

"What-" Choi Han spoke out without realising taken aback by the idea of being the main character of a novel. Everyone looked at him.

"So you're from the same world as Young master?" Rosalyn asked. That explained quite a lot why he looked so different than everyone else here. Upon hearing Rosalyn's words Cale's ears perked up. She addressed him as 'young master'. That was her way of saying that she accepts him for who he is.

"Yeah I'm from the same world as him." Choi Han answered. "So you knew about him being from another world?" This time it was Eruhaben who asked that question.

Choi Han looked at Cale and then looked back at the golden dragon who was in his elf form. "I did not know about it until much later." He answered. "I see." Is all the golden dragon could muster up. He looked at the little kid who kept clinging to Cale and asked "And who others knew about his real identity?" He asked with a stern voice. Feeling sad that the unlucky bastard didn't feel comfortable enough to tell him about it.

Raon and Alberu slightly raised their hands while avoiding eye contact with any other individuals as to answer the golden dragon's question.

Eruhaben lifted one eyebrow and looked at them. He then asked. "And when did you both find out about it?" Alberu looked at him and spoke. "In the sealed god's test." Then Eruhaben looked at Raon who kept looking somewhere else. "I will absolutely not tell you goldie that I found out about it the same day as Choi Han because I promised my human that I'll keep it a secret between just us!" He spoke out in his ramblings and then looked at Cale with big eyes which were shaking as he realised that he spoke out. Upon looking at the baby dragon's expression Cale silently pulled him towards himself and hugged while patting and speaking. "It's okay. They already found out. It's not a secret anymore."

Upon watching this scene Eruhaben just shook his head while others just melted at the wholesome sight. After recovering from this cute sight they looked back at the screen.

I became a part of that novel as the trash of the Count's family, the family that oversaw the territory where the first village that Choi Han visits is located.

The problem is that Choi Han becomes twisted after that village, and everyone in it, are destroyed by assassins.

The bigger problem is the fact that this stupid trash who I've become doesn't know about what happened in the village and messes with Choi Han, only to get beaten to a pulp.

This time it was Choi Han whose eyes were shaking and he looked at Kim Rok Soo and then at Cale. He was wondering that just how much worse his condition was that he beat a teenager to a pulp just because he messed with him. He could not believe so. He knows his temper is high but he is not that bad of a bastard that would beat a child to a pulp just because of some anger. He is older than he looks. He is older than Ron. The eldest human in their family. How could he resort to such actions? He could not believe so.

Lock upon seeing this placed a hand on Choi Han's shoulder and gripped it tightly. The pain helped Choi Han to snap back to reality.

"It's okay. You didn't do that now did you? That's why it's fine. Don't blame yourself hyung." Lock whispered to Choi Han. It helped Choi Han to calm down and return to his usual composure.

"...This is going to be a problem."

I feel like something serious has happened to me.

"Seriously? Did u realise that just now? What about waking up in another world and another body? Is that not serious enough?" Bud exclaimed. However Cale just only ignored that guy and focused on the screen. Bud huffed and looked back at the screen being used to the ignorance and still feeling bitter about being Cale's secretary/slave.

But it was worth trying to make this my new life.

"At least you achieved that unlike you dream of being a slacker." Alberu mocked. Many individuals who were not used to this side of Alberu and did not about Cale's dream to be a slacker looked at them startled. However both of them ignored those said individuals as Cale started to speak.

"What do you mean your highness? I'm sure I'll get my slacker life. You. The sun of our Roan Kingdom promised to help me fulfill my dream. Is there something which our beloved sun of the kingdom can not do?" Cale spoke blinking innocently at Alberu.

Whereas Alberu got chills upon hearing his dongsaeng's words. 'Is it too late for me to turn back and not see this bastard again?' He wondered. However he did not say anything and looked back at the screen as words started to appear again.

"This was the time when Kim Rok Soo woke up as Cale Henituse. From here on you'll first see some important events and then later watch all the contents of the tests they went through."

"You can go rest for now."

The screen turned off and people started to relax. However there were some individuals who could not relax at all. They walked over to the black haired guy who was sitting beside Cale looking for an explanation as to why he had to swap souls with someone he did not even know.

_______________________________________________

Author's note:

Done till prologue. Phew. I was hooked on the desire to update till here in one day. Now I'll slowly update other chapters. Thanks for reading this.