PROLOGUE

(Midnight, Seoul)

Lisa's P.O.V.

"Lisa~"

The shadows were creeping around the room, the dim light from the hallway in the crack beneath the door intensified the feeling of anguish within me. I could feel my heart racing rapidly as I crept towards the nearby closet, pushing past the clothes that were displayed so neatly and hid beneath a pile of covers waiting for the nightmare to end. The moment I could sigh in relief that this had all been just had a horrible dream, that I could escape her.

The sound of stiletto heels clicking against the wooden floor of the hallway as she chuckled to herself. "I know you're in one of these rooms, sweetie."

There was a knock at the door, the handle rattling as I couched down and scooted further back into the closet, my back colliding with the wall. The sensation making my body tingle. There was nowhere else to escape as I heard that voice that had once been so comforting that now filled me with dread, the obsessed psychopath that wouldn't leave alone. "Lili, open the door. You're mad at me I realise that but I just want to talk, you're all I ever think about."

A cold sweat ran down my forehead as I hid my face in the soft blanket as if to mute the sounds of everything around me but still I heard Jennie's voice. It was louder this time, a hint of annoyance brewing that never ended well.

"Listen I did what was necessary, they were getting in the way. I did everything for you! For us! Why are you being so ungrateful?"

I could almost sense the pout on her face that had manipulated and convinced me she was caring. "This is making me really sad... open the door."

The knocking on the door grew fiercer with every moment that passed, her voice suddenly stern and cold as she kicked the door forcefully making me flinch. "Don't ignore me! What am I not good enough you? You wouldn't ignore me if I was Rosé would you!"

It seemed to go quiet, her fingertips tapping on the door as she spoke again, calmer and eerily. "I can hear you breathing."

I placed my shaking hand over my mouth, breathing through my nose quietly. After a few minutes, she sighed loudly clearly her patience was running out. "Lisa, I'll ask nicely one last time. Open the door or I'll break it down. Your choice."

When I didn't reply, she scoffed before sighing in dismay. "Fine, have it your way."

As if magically, it went silent. The knocking, the rattling of the handle, the sound of her voice vanished and I hoped it was over. And then, the impending outburst started.

The smashing of what sounded like furniture being thrown forcefully against the door, one after another as it slowly caved in under the pressure of such force. The sound of the wooden snapping apart as Jennie pried the pieces away one by one with her hands until she was finally in the room.

"Now where are you I wonder?" She hummed as I watched her wandering around cautiously from the ajar door of the closet.

"They always said you had a bad attitude, Lili. A rebel with a reputation for disobeying but we both know I'm your one exception. So come here and I'll make all the drama go away. Okay?" She muttered as she searched the large, cluttered room carelessly picking up a framed photograph glancing at it with disinterest as it fell from her hands to the ground, smashing into pieces like my fragile heart.

"You know this game of ours is getting boring, stop hiding. You're beautiful and funny but you're so rebellious. You clearly belong with me, we belong together so you need to stop ignoring me and do what I say." Continuing her ramblings as she looked behind the curtains with her back to me, I took it as my chance to escape.

Quietly, I crept softly to the doorway stepping over broken glass and fragments of wood that had once been the door. I bit my lip to keep from yelling, the pain in my ankle was almost unbearable as I made my way towards the light of the hallway.

Yet just when hope suddenly seemed in reach, I stumbled and tripped over the frame of the doorway collapsing to the ground. Wincing in pain, a presence of a shadow towered over me. I shuffled backwards as she crouched down to kneel beside me, tilting my tear stained face to look back her.

And when our eyes finally met, I knew my chance to leave was over. I was trapped in her labyrinth of hell. She smiled so smugly, her feline eyes staring into mine as she held my chin with her manicured fingertips with no intention of ever letting me go, whispering devilishly in content.

"Gotcha."

---------------------------------------------------------

⚠️Warning!!

Please be aware that this book contains mature themes including dark romance, obsession, jealousy and strong language. If you are uncomfortable with these themes please do not read the story.