Chapter 9

Here's the next chapter guys!!

KATIES POV
The day after travis had kissed me, for the second time, I woke up confused and concerned.
More than id like to admit, I thought about the kiss often, and the effect travis had left on me.
Which is why I didn't watch where I was going, and notice that the entire floor of the cabin was covered in soapy foam.
The foam stood about two feet high, reaching mid-calf on my legs.
"Okay, now they're dead" I muttered to myself
I slowly stumbled through the goo. (Not that it mattered, but the soap they used smelled like daisies).
Finally reaching the door I trudged onto the porch where I could see the signs of the campers waking up. "TRAVIS" I screamed. While waiting for his arrival I crosse my arms and watched all the campers shuffle over towards cabin number 4, to watch their weekly show.
"Yes Katie-Kat?" Travis said while smiling, holding his hands behind his back. "Geez Katie. You'd better clean up your cabin, inspection starts in 15 minutes. Chop-chop."
I gave him my best you're-dead-to-me glares and said "you'd better pray to every god in existence that I let you live travis."
By this time travis had sauntered up to my porch and was standing in front me me leaning on the railing.
The campers were getting restless, probably expecting another "kiss". Not gonna happen.
I stepped forward and looked him in the eyes. Whispering I said "travis, what is wrong with you you can't just kiss me twice on two separate occasions and then act like nothing happened and go back to pranking me the next day!"
"Aww Katie-Kat. I didn't know you cared that much. That's so sweet."
"Travis, never would I have feelings for you in a hundred years. and if you make another comment like that again, I will slap that smug smile right off of your face."
"You know Katie, I'm going to prove my theory right one day, and then you are going to admit you're madly in love with me."
He smiled down at me and crossed his arms.
"I don't know if you've noticed stoll, but I've made it pretty clear that there's nothin you can do to make me have feelings for you."
He smirked and leaned in closer, and then closer. so close, I could kiss him again if I wanted too, and I did. But behind him I saw in the eyes of the campers that this is exactly what they believed would happen. And this is exactly what travis wanted.
I just held my head high and didn't let my longing for his lips on mine show through my eyes.
He leaned in even more, less then an inch in between our lips and his eyes had a playful hint to them, he thought in his own twisted way, he was winning.
I held my ground. refusing to move closer, and refusing to pull away.
Then at the moment I thought he was going to close the space, he moved past my lips and held his next to my ear.
Faintly, he whispered "you're cute when you're flustered" and then smiled before turning and jumping down my porch.
"TRAVIS! I wasn't done yelling at you! TRAVIS STOLL get back here!"
"Sorry Katie! Inspection in five minutes! Better get moving!"
Obviously disappointed, the campers began to move out, starting their chores.
I wasn't sure later that day if travis was just playing with my feelings for the hell of it, or if he was completely out of his mind.
In that moment, I wasn't sure what to believe.