ʜɪꜱ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ~ ᴏʙᴇʀʏɴ ᴍᴀʀᴛᴇʟʟ

Dampness coats the back of my hand as I wipe away the beads of sweat that form on my brow. My skin glistens under the rays of the summer sun, beating down mercilessly on me. My brows furrow and my arms ache as I scrub harder against the marble floors. My thoughts racing as I stare at my reflection on the shiny tiles. How did I get here? How did I get here? My eyes gloss over with warm, angry tears as my hands clutch harder at the washcloth. My knuckles practically turn white as I take my anger out on the floors.

I'm shaken from my anger driven thoughts as my name reaches my ears. I lift my head up to see Tyrion. "What on Earth are you doing?" He questions, his hands extended to the floor I've been cleaning. "And why are you dressed in rags?"

"Courtesy of your wonderful sister," Sarcasm drips from my lips as I drop the cloth, placing my hands in my lap. I ignore the feeling of water soaking into the rags Cersei gave me. I look back to Tyrion whose eyes are filled with guilt and shame. "She simply asked me to clean all the rooms on this floor. And what the dowager queen wants, the dowager queen gets," I wipe my sweat soaked hair from my face before resting my hands on my head, my eyes looking at the practically sparkling floors. "It's most likely in preparation for the week's festivities,"

"Festivities that you will be participating in, my dear. Now quickly go get dressed, I'll have someone finish up," A grin cascades across my lip as I quickly stand to my feet and rush over to Tyrion. I bend down and place a chaste kiss to his cheek before running to my chambers.

"Thank you, Tyrion!" I shout over my shoulder. As soon as I enter my chambers, I run a bath and quickly strip out of my rags, discarding them haphazardly. I quickly climb into the tub, the aching in my back and arms ceasing and I sit there for a bit, letting my mind wander to my past.

I grew up quite well off. What my family lacked in love, they made up for with wealth. Not that it was any help to a young girl. I truly believed that once I turned sixteen, I'd be able to leave and start my own life. However, on my sixteenth birthday, I was given to the Lannisters. Sold as a maid. Tywin didn't have any use for me and Jaime only saw me as a toy. Cersei simply wanted nothing to do with me, so I was given to Tyrion. A blessing really to be given to the only Lannister with a heart. He treated me with the utmost of kindness. He never forced me to clean or truly be a maid. He simply let me live. He wants a better life for me, hence why he always gets me to participate in the festivities that are held at the palace.

He hopes that a Lord or even if I'm lucky enough, a Prince might take interest in me. Hoping that they could give me a better life. I appreciate his efforts but, after six years of waiting, my chances are looking grim. However, it is quite nice to pamper myself. I finally step out of the bath and continue to get ready. I dry off with a towel before drying my hair as well, ringlets form as my hair dries.  I comb fragrant oils through my hair before applying beautifully scented lotions to my skin. Tyrion always provides me with the best skin and hair care products. He truly treats me as though I were a daughter or perhaps a younger sister.

I hang my towel to dry before walking towards my wardrobe, stark naked to allow the lotions to soak into my skin. My hands glide along the various dresses as I try to find the right one. The warmth of the beating sun on my back influences my choices as I pull out a lovely white garment. I step into the garment, securing it around my waist before wrapping the rest of the fabric around me. The fabric make an x across my belly before wrapping up and across my breasts. Slits that reach my upper thigh expose my legs for the world to see.  The rest of the fabric cascades down my back, flowing as I move. I decide against undergarments, deciding to take a fun little risk today.

I walk over to my mirror of beauty products. I apply a tinted oil to my full lips before swipes of dark powder over my eyes. Once content with my look, I slip on a pair of golden sandals and quickly exit my chambers. I walk with haste towards the sound of boisterous laughter and joyful music. The festivities have begun! I take a deep breath, summoning up every ounce of confidence that I can before continuing toward the celebratory hall. Goosebumps rise on my skin as every eye in the room lands on me. Men watching with lustful stares and women with jealous glares. And the odd visa versa. Despite my cool expression, my heart thrums in my chest, picking up speed with every step of my sandal clad feet.