Chapter 15

The next few weeks were hell.

Soobin had isolated himself. Only talking to his group members when necessary or when they were on camera. He moved out of his shared bedroom - Yeonjun had started sharing the room with Beomgyu instead. Now with Soobin having his own personal bedroom nobody saw him that often. Whenever a member tried to go talk to him his door would always be locked and he wouldn't answer.

He never answered his phone anymore either. It was like their leader had vanished off the face of the earth at some times. But they still were around him during team schedules and they were glad to see him. Even if he wasn't glad to see them.

None of the staff had seemed to notice the change within the group though, or they didn't bother to mention it, which the five were grateful for. But they had hope that if the staff hadn't noticed, then maybe the situation wasn't as bad as they had originally thought. But they were wrong.

They had a free day and that meant Soobin would either stay in his room all day or leave the dorm for a few hours. The other four members had decided all together that they would try to talk to soobin before he got the chance to leave or lock his door. They all had woken up and Yeonjun and Taehyun we're currently in the kitchen making their breakfast- they had decided to make a bigger meal than usual so soobin would stay and eat for longer.

Beomgyu and Kai were setting the table, something that was very rare as none of them really care to have a nice setting while they ate. Once the two were done with setting the table Kai went to go knock on Soobin's door and told him breakfast was ready. No one answered but Kai knew Soobin can't resist food so he turned around hopeful that Soobin would follow shortly after.

They four sat at the table waiting for Soobin for two hours. Two whole hours.

They would have waited longer but their schedules wouldn't allow them to. Once they had cleaned up the food and dishes they set off to the big hit building only to walk in and see Soobin in the lounge. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal but for Kai, it set him off.

"Hyung. We made you breakfast."

"..."

"Hyung we spent time on making you food."

"..."

"Hyung we made all of your favorites."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Hyung! Stop acting like you can't hear me. What the hell is wrong with you. Now I'm aware that I'm the least involved in this whole situation you and Yeonjun are apparently in right now and I don't know what made you act like this and it might be completely justifiable but you're also blowing the rest of us off and it's not fair. It's not fair to me, not fair to our team dynamic and not fair to Moa. Please stop ignoring all of us just for the simple fact that you can't get over yourself for one second. We need you here and present. What we don't need is you isolating yourself and cutting us off. We are a team. We may not be the best team but we have to try to get over ourselves. I have been ignoring your behavior these past few weeks. I've been ignoring Yeonjun hyungs behavior these past few years. I've been ignoring the terrible team dynamic at times when it got really bad but now? Now I can't ignore it. You're our leader Hyung. Please just start acting like it. Even if you can't get back to normal stop ignoring us. You're an adult. Compose yourself."

Kai finished his rant before walking out of the lounge, not once looking away from the floor. It was silent. The others have known Kai for years but never once have they seen him like that. They know that this situation must have been rough for Kai to get upset like this. But they knew it was acceptable. Kai had every right to yell at Soobin like that. And so without another word the others left the room, leaving Soobin to sit in shock.

•••

"I just wanted to think that he could go back to how he was. But it's been weeks." Kai had said to Taehyun who was sitting next to him on the practice room floor. Taehyun nodded in understanding.

"Taehyun...what if he stays like this? What if we go through the last few years of our contract with him acting this way?" Kai asked, pulling his legs up towards his chest. Taehyun's heart hurt at hearing the youngest member ask this. He knew that Kai wasn't as innocent as he let on but it still hurt seeing him this way.

"No. Don't say that. I won't let things stay this way. I'll make things go back to normal. No. Better than normal. I'm going to make things be like our pre-debut days. " Taehyun said as he looked towards Yeonjun who was lying down with his head in Beomgyu's lap. He turned back to Kai and smiled. "And you're gonna help me."

•••

Chapter 15 is done!

Short filler chapter to set up the next part of this story - next part of this story will be very very chaotic

Also - Happy new year! It's 2024 so let's make the best of it!

One dream! ~ Kai 🫶🏼

1/14/24