Chapter 7 - Time to say Goodbye...

Start from the beginning

 Suki lightly shook her head at Gabriel's questions. She knew that it was not fair to act like that with him because he never treated her bad, at the contrary. He tried his best to show him interest and comfort since he found her in her apartment.

Gabriel: Is it because of the boys? Because of what they said when we came back? (She stiffened.) Suki, I am deeply sorry for what happened to your mother. No one wanted or expected that to happen. No one can replace your mother and if we could have met in another circumstances, I would have been grateful but... I can't change the past. I... we... can only offer you a new family...

Suki let escape new tears at the mention of her mother.

Gabriel: Everything is too recent, and you didn't have the time to say goodbye to your mother yet, but as soon as the police gives us the authorization, we will organize your mother's funeral as it should. Cry if you need to. You can even yell or break everything, it's okay.

Suki rubbed her eyes and after a moment, she laid down on the bed, facing the wall. She was hoping to see him leaving the bedroom, but he only stood up from the bed to sit on the desk chair. He didn't want to let her alone.

The little girl fell asleep without even knowing when. Gabriel closed his eyes, more in a resting mode, than a good sleep.

He was awakened by the first rays of sun. He checked if his little sister was still sleeping then went to his bedroom for a quick shower and change in a new outfit.

Before heading downstairs, he made a stop by Suki's bedroom, and she was still curled in the bed. When he entered the kitchen, the maid and Chef Aldo were there.

Maria: Mr Gabriel, we received several boxes, what do you want me to do with it? Do I have to keep them in the garage?

Gabriel: Not in the garage, in one of the unused guests' room. Maria, Aldo, from now on, Suki will live with us. Unfortunately, her mother passed away yesterday... so, I request your help to facilitate her life here. 

Maria: Of course... Poor little Miss... you can count on us.

Chef Aldo: She asked me to find Japanese food for her mother... poor child, she is so kind. It is terrible... she must be devastated.

Gabriel: Thank you. Aldo, the Japanese food is maybe a good idea to recomfort her. Maria, you have children around Suki's age, right? (She nodded.) Can you make sure that the bedroom in preparation for her is filled with everything she may need.

Maria: Sure Sir. 

Gabriel skipped diner last night, but he didn't feel the will to eat this morning too. He contented himself with a black coffee.

Time passed and soon he was joined by his father who had a face showing his short night. Gabriel informed Salvatore about Suki's state of mind and the head of the family felt as powerless as his son.

He called his assistant to accelerate the restitution of the body of Fumiko after the autopsy and asked him to prepare for the funeral. His assistant informed him that he found out the young woman had taken disposition in case something happens to her.  

Fumiko Tanaka opted for a cremation and even paid in advance the fees, to be sure that her daughter will not have to face difficulties. She also opened a bank account with a bit of money on it, not a lot but still enough to pay for her studies.

The morning passed quietly, Suki didn't show up for breakfast, hiding herself in the bedroom. Gabriel tried to take her downstairs but unsuccessfully.

The only reaction that Salvatore received, was when he came to tell her that they were authorized to see her mother. Everything had been handled with the authorities.