He put his computer down and pulled the black comforter off of him. Twone watched him with a full blown mug on his face feeling the cold hit his body. He pulled it back up and Xavier pulled it back off.

"Xavier stop." Antwone said straight facing him

"You gotta eat baybe, cmon."

"I don't feel like eating nowhere."

"It's Sunday baybe. I'm finna go cook."

Twone watch him confused.

"Well damn you ain think I ca' cook." Xavier said offended a bit.

"No...you don't cook."

" 'eer Sunday baybe."

-

Antwone finished cutting the yams and eyes shifted to Xavier waiting for the next instruction.

He was surprised, very surprised.

His shirt was off and Twone could see every movement he made because it flexed some muscle in his back. He watched as Xavier covered the barbecue chicken with foil and put them in the oven that's been pre-set to 350.

He walked over to the stove putting the turkey the water along with chopped onions, seasonings, a bit oil, covering the pot and leave it to boil for a hour to make the broth for the collard greens.

He looked over to check on Twone who was already watching him. He walked over pulling him closer-leaving kisses on his face, lifting his chin leaving 2 kisses on his lips. Xavier was damn near touching 6'5 and Twone was 6'2 which meant he had to tilt his head up just a bit.

"Why you ain' tell me you was done." Xavier spoke

"You was doing other stuff."

"Mmm, you gotta start speakin' up baybe."

Xavier lead him to the stove, getting the butter out the fridge. He was teaching Twone how to cook, one thing at a time. Today he was teaching him candied yams.

He stood directly behind twone giving him instructions and help when needed.

He watched as he threw in some brown sugar in the melted butter, grabbing the bag when it didn't look like he wasn't planning on stopping.

"You tryn' kill us asum? We still got white sugar to put in."

"Well you didn't tell me that."

"It's right there sweet boy, you ain' put too much so it's straight-" He said watching as twone picked up the bag of white sugar. "-1/2 cup'a dat."

Twone turned his head side eying him, obviously not knowing how much it was.

"Just pour I'a tell you when ta' stop."

Xavier continued that as twone put in the grounded nutmeg, grounded cinnamon, vanilla flavor, and watched as he picked up the half lemon and squeezed it in.

He put the things back where they were cleaning up after them, leaving twone to stir and walked over to the pantry grabbing foil baking pan.

"Ight baybe, set 'dat on low na'."

Xavier rinsed the yams and put it in the pan. He walked over with them and set it on the island.

"Now you'a put this over the yams. I put 'em in the pan already."

"Okay"

He handed him the cloth just incase it was hot. Stepping back and giving him enough space, watching as he poured the mix over them trying to get all, making sure he got all of it out the pot with the spoon. He set the pot back down when he was done.

"Na' mix em up."

Once he was done Xavier grabbed the pan and put them in the the oven under the chicken. Turning back around to Antwone who just watched him, walking back over to him. Tilting his head down connected their lips in a kiss, his hand naturally moving up to his throat keeping him in place. He let this one linger for a bit, pulling his closer and deepening the kiss.

The kiss wasn't a sexual one, it was a deep one with meaning behind it. Only when Xavier felt like he got his silent message through did he pull away.

"You did a good job baybe, thank ya'."

Even though it was small Antwone felt appreciated.

"Your welcome." He mumbled loud enough for him to hear not exactly use to hearing those words.

"You'a stay, go back upstairs, or watch some tv in the livin' room, sweet boy." Xavier gave him a quick kiss and pulled away.

Antwone chose stay with him, he sat on the high chair that Xavier had outside the kitchen island and watched as he began to start the Mac and cheese.

Get into it.

How we feel about this chapter?

"Take a bite...you first😚"- prayag

you first😚"- prayag