separate car?

So maybe Lewis couldn't beat Max in that rocket ship, with a tractor (that if any other driver drove in would probably deliver no points.) but he did get a P2, with Alonso P3. He's been hearing P2 is the new win anyways, and not to mention he technically beat Alonso. So, that's always a win.

Lewis was trying to see if he could find a street taco place like he would in LA (yes, in the US. England could never.) She called her dad first to let him know that she's going away, he thought it was cute (granted it made him question why she had to call her parents first, but decided against actually asking out loud.)

"Uh, so I can meet you there? I'll tell you the name of the restaurant." she had said, and Lewis was confused for a second what she meant by that– does she not want to drive with him?

"I can drive us there?" he said, confused. "I mean unless–" he started, but quickly losing words. He never had to convince a girl to get in the car with him before. It almost made him want to laugh, when was the last time he had to ask a girl to do anything for him?

Okay, it sounded bad when he put it like that. It's just, it's been awhile since he had to even explain himself. It's refreshing, and it's not in a way that "she's different, she's unique" because that'll go old soon, because it's usually an act. This time, this girl, genuinely a person (and a territory) he's never met before.

"Well I have my car with me, and as much as I hate driving. I can't really leave my car here." she said sheepishly, "the taco place I know called Isla, unless you have something else in mind?" she asked, he quickly shook his head.

Wanted to let her know he can get someone to grab her car, hell he can get her another car, but he reckon no one will appreciate his big ego right now. "Isla sounds good, I'll meet you there." he added, Nora nodded quickly and walked away. Before he could even ask her what time are they meeting, or are they meeting right now. Will she make him wait? Will he make her wait? He hasn't even got her number!

"What if she bailed on you?" a voice creeped on him from behind that genuinely startled him.

"Jesus! Ange, what the hell." he said, trying to regain his composure when he saw that she's laughing.

Ignoring him, she handed him his bag. "Where are you guys going?" she asked.

"To get tacos," he said, then checked his watch. If he showers real quick in his driver room instead of going back to the hotel, he can get to Nora faster and hopefully she's not there already.

"Should I chaperone for you guys," Angela said, with a serious face.

"Depends, do you think the tacos will make her put out?" he asked sarcastically.

"Do not!" Angela said with a shocked face, hit him with a towel. "Do not even joke about that Hammy!" and smacked him with the towel again.

Lewis walked away from her without saying anything. 

He quickly walked to his driver's room to shower, and change into something nice and cool. Qatar heat is no joke, even though it's October. Nora may be comfortable in the heat, the way he couldn't even see a speck of sweat, or discomfort. But, he'd rather not go out in sweat (he knows he smells good, but come on. Basic hygiene.)

He took the quickest shower in his life, he usually takes his time in the shower post race, scrubbing the sweat and the stickiness from the heat and the car. But, he's afraid that he would make Nora wait. The last thing he wanted was bailing on the girl.

"I'm coming with you guys," Angela out of nowhere said, he was buttoning his shirt and he stared at her.

"Absolutely not," he said. "Angela come on," he said.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to see what you see in her!" she said and shook her head quickly when she realised how it had sounded, "that's not what I mean, she's amazing, and funny– trust me I've actually talked to her more than you. Don't even say anything," she quickly said when Lewis opened his mouth, "I've talked to her while you swoon, so don't even."

She continued when Lewis shut his mouth, "and she's beautiful, I'm sure she's smart, not to mention she's the daughter of the minister of sport of Saudi." she said, emphasising the Saudi part like Lewis missing a point. "I'm trying to understand what you, Lewis Hamilton, you! See in her! That doesn't include quick fucks or casual relationship." she asked and Lewis was stunt. Honestly.

"Angela–" he started, but quickly got stopped by Angela, "I know you, I know you like the back of my hand. Not to mention, I've seen you."

"Well– yeah." he said, the world can come up with their own conclusion that Lewis is too focused on winning, but he's never hid the fact that he's single (if people assumed he's been celibate this whole time, then that's not his problem.) or they assumed he doesn't have commitment issues, his brain unhelpfully supplied.

Angela sighed. "That girl out there, is not for you, Hamilton." she said.

Well, if Angela really knows him like the back of her hands, she should know that her words just made him want to prove her wrong. That the girl out there, Nora, can be for him.

He shook his head, and handed her his duffel bag. "I'm leaving." 

_____

hm is lewis gonna play our girl Nora HAHAH