Straightening, Tiskey grabbed something from around the corner and hobbled across to them.

"Tiskey just finished polishing it now." He turned to Evie. "Tiskey hopes you like it very much."

Evie eyed the cane. Snake head, carved out of silver with a long pointed back, shined in onyx black.

"Thank you, Tiskey." Evie smiled.

"Master Malfoy has one just the same." She knew he meant Lucius. "Tiskey was hoping Evie wouldn't mind."

"Of course not," Evie said.

She'd not seen Draco with a cane. Must've meant his father, in that case.

Evie wondered if he was at home too, though more importantly why neither made effort to mention him whilst she rested at St Mungo's.

"She'll only be needing it for a day," Narcissa added. She helped Evie out of the wheelchair and stepped back, watching as Evie adjusted her balance on the centre of her feet. "You look wonderful. A true Malfoy wife."

Evie shifted, smiling awkwardly.

All this time she spent day-dreaming of him and now that she was in his territory, that confidence — that spark of excitement slightly drizzled. Replaced by anxiety and fear that whatever they had was already long lost.

Sensing her uncertainty, Narcissa took her by the shoulders. "It'll be alright, Evie. You'll be back with us so quickly you won't even know it. You were ever so the determined warrior so I have all my faith in you. I think you'll be more than alright."

Evie nodded, still hesitant. "I'm just—"

"Nervous?" she teased. "Don't worry. So is he."

Tiskey clicked away the wheelchair and said, "Tiskey is one call away. Evie needs something, Tiskey is at your service!"

"Come on," Narcissa nodded her head over, "I'll give you a reminder tour."

-----------------------

It was settled.

The manor was thrice as big on the inside as it was on the outside.

With four floors, each wall was surprisingly coated with family portraits and achievement certificates.

Every ancestor welcomed Evie warmly, offering compliments and minute reminders of their time together.

Phoebe Black — the one to speak to for any gossip.

Although gossip wasn't much of Evie's forte, if she had to re-learn everything from her past, and keep up with the present, someone like Phoebe would work wonders.

She explored the grand hall and kitchens. Each person had their own personal pantry and Evie wasn't surprised to see Draco's stockpiled with sugar quills, sherbet worms and candied peels. Hers quite the opposite and a healthy mixture.

Pumpkin pasties and gingerbread lovehearts. Chocolate bread with vanilla custard to drizzle on top. Packets upon packets of crisps of all different flavours, appreciatively family packs because who could ever survive on a 'singular one'?

There were boxes of cheese flavoured crackers, shaped into wands, stars, wizard hats and broomsticks. Jars of Polish dill pickles fermented on the other side of the shelves, causing her mouth instantly smack at the memory of its tanginess.

Narcissa pointed around. "Tiskey ensures that the shelves are always full. Should you be missing anything or want anything extra, just let him know."

Evie nodded and allowed Narcissa to tour the rest of the home.