❖ Bewitched...💋🍋🌸

✦ Cover Artist: ksanon (Tumblr)🔝

❖ Author Note: I have no words, just enjoy 😈 -Dre

=============================

❖ Chapter 14: Bewitched...💋🍋🌸

The journey back to the village was supposed to be a straightforward one, a peaceful stroll after the eventful morning they had in town. Yet, Kakashi couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on them. Every rustle of leaves, every distant sound, it all seemed to be amplified in his ears, creating an unsettling symphony of paranoia.

His keen senses, once the pride of the village, were failing him. He couldn't sense any chakra signatures nearby, and the usually reliable scent of the wind carried only the natural aromas of the forest. Perhaps he was getting old, he mused, or perhaps the recent events had him more on edge than he cared to admit.

. . .

Walking hand in hand with Sakura didn't help his concentration either. Kakashi gritted his teeth, cursing his body's reaction to Sakura's touch, innocent as it seemed, sent shockwaves through his body. With each stroke of her thumb, back n' forth against the edge of his palm, he felt a surge of heat that traveled straight to his core. The simple act was far from innocent in his mind, igniting a fire within him that he struggled to contain. He stole a glance at Sakura, her expression serene, unaware of the chaos she was causing within him.

 He stole a glance at Sakura, her expression serene, unaware of the chaos she was causing within him

✦ Artist: @Alafordoujinshi (Twitter)

As they continued their journey back to the village, Kakashi tried to focus on the path ahead, but his thoughts kept drifting to Sakura's touch. He could feel her presence like a magnetic force, drawing him in, making it increasingly difficult to resist the pull.

The sun still hung high in the sky, and it would be setting in a few hours or so, yet they still had another day on foot before they reached the village gates, and Kakashi couldn't take it anymore. He had stopped walking, locked eyes with her and smirked. Kakashi heard her yell out when he suddenly picked her up bridal style. Mystified, she had screamed out, "Ahh, Kakashi, what are you doing?" He didn't respond. 

Instead he ran into the forest with her in his arms, jumping from branch to branch, eyes searching until he found a suitable spot where they could camp for the night. Kakashi set Sakura down gently, his eyes never leaving hers. The forest was quiet, with only the sounds of creatures in the distance. The tension between them was palpable, the desire hung in the air.

 The tension between them was palpable, the desire hung in the air